Varicose veins are a common vascular pathology. In recent years, it has been increasingly found among young people. When varicose veins were previously only diagnosed in women 40 years and older, now you can find varicose veins in teenagers.
All these are due to changes in lifestyle and stressful situations. Work becomes sedentary and has to spend more time on computers in the office without the ability to actively move.
Some information about this disease
Varicose veins-venous diseases of the lower extremities, which cause violations of the blood supply. Mainly developed in the female population.
The appearance of varicose veins is usually related to heredity. Varicose veins are transmitted through the maternal line. There are many causes of varicose veins.
One of these reasons is standing and working for a long time or sitting on the computer for a long time.
In addition, the pathological cause may be:
- Engage in large-scale sports activities;
- Often pregnant;
The first symptoms of varicose veins are walking, standing for a long time, the legs are heavy, there may be burning, tingling, and abdominal distension. The body temperature of the affected limb changes-it becomes cold, and then the color changes-skin osis appears. In addition, there is a loss of sensitivity. First, in the distal area, it extends to the proximal part of the limb. Movement in the joints may also be restricted, but this is already at an advanced stage. Visually inspect superficial veins for defects. Their expansion, deformation and expansion are visible. It should be noted that, usually in the initial stage, varicose veins are asymptomatic. When deep veins are affected, even if the limbs are bent outward, the pathological process cannot be determined. This can only be done with the aid of instrumental survey methods.
Cooper's disease is similar to varicose veins. Unlike varicose veins, which are affected by rosacea, small blood vessels-capillaries-are involved in the inflammatory process. They become brittle. The disease is evidenced by the appearance of a network of blood vessels on the skin. At low temperatures, rosacea lesions can change their color from bright red to blue. Women suffer more from this pathology.
Cooper Ross can also become a chronic disease. You cannot treat it yourself.
What kind of disease is prevented?
You can try to prevent the development of varicose veins. For this, you need to follow certain rather than trivial recommendations.
Don't wear tight shoes. It should be replaced by a more comfortable one. It should be low-heeled (no more than 2-3 cm). Stilettos can be worn on special occasions, but it is best to wear comfortable shoes at work.
Sedentary needs rest. It's best to use these pauses actively: walk along the corridor and simply wave your hands to exercise your legs. If possible, you can temporarily place your legs at a height above your pelvis. It is recommended that you change your position while sitting in front of the computer for a long time.
It is necessary to monitor the amount of drinking water and control the standard of salt. The amount of water per day should be about 2 liters. The body fluid dose of each patient must be calculated by a professional.
When the first symptoms of varicose veins appear, it is necessary to buy special compression stockings. You can buy it at a pharmacy. The consultant will help you choose the right model. You don’t have to wear these clothes all day long.
Compression stockings are enough. This will help keep your veins healthy.
Can perform varicose vein massage
The severity of varicose veins and the location of the involved blood vessels play a major role in choosing a specific type of massage.
If the disease is at an early stage, in a mild form, there is no problem with the blood supply to the tissues, and the pathology is concentrated in the calf, massage can be used to relieve the lymphatic and venous system. They call it lymphatic drainage. It helps to improve blood flow. They started massaging from the hips and thighs, then moved to the calf area, and finally moved down to the feet. For massage, stroke technique is used, which alternates with friction.
In this case, please do not contact the affected area. Some experts practice muscle vibration techniques. During the operation, the patient should lie on his back with his legs bent and slightly elevated. The friction starts on the healthy side and then continues to the sick limb.
Pinching can improve the blood supply to the skin. First, the skin itself is clamped, and then the subcutaneous fat participates in this process. Please remember that shredding, flapping and vibration are prohibited.
Fat massage is strictly prohibited. It is best to reject this process. If there is no meringue, then you definitely need to consult a doctor to find out if it is safe for your health.
It is recommended that you combine massage with physical exercise. This combination will improve nutrition, help lymphatic and blood flow out, and start tissue metabolism.
When the varicose veins are small, it is recommended to exercise the feet. They include bending, extension, and rotation of the ankle joint, and it is recommended to walk with raised limbs. When the disease progresses and becomes severe, exercise should be done in a quiet position-imitating walking on a bed.
Hydromassage and heartbeat massage can get good results.
Taboo home massage
If there are trophic ulcers on the skin of the limbs, the body temperature will rise above 37. 5°C, severe back pain, muscle stretching and do not rub the disease, so massage should not be performed.
Their presence indicates that the course of the disease is serious and massage will no longer be helpful. Mild varicose veins can reduce tension, eliminate swelling, numbness and swelling. All of this can only be achieved through the correct implementation of massage techniques.
As always, contraindications are also important.
The main methods of varicose vein massage are:
- The inflammatory process of myocardium and myocardium, acute phase.
- Heart defect, compensatory stage.
- Second-the degree of circulatory failure.
- Arterial hypertension (stage 3).
- A process in the vein, complicated by atherosclerosis, gangrene, and cerebral circulation disorders.
- Thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
- Allergic systemic vasculitis.
- Vascular aneurysm.
If trophic ulcers appear on the skin of the limbs, the body temperature will rise above 37. 5°C, severe back pain, muscle stretching and do not rub the disease, so massage should not be performed. Their presence indicates that the course of the disease is severe, and massage will no longer be helpful.
The degree of varicose veins is mild. This procedure can relieve tension and eliminate swelling, numbness and swelling. All of this can only be achieved through the correct implementation of massage techniques.
Various home massages
There are different types of massage. Each of them is unique and useful. The doctor should apply foot massage for varicose veins at home.
There are several massage options:
- Hydro massage.Take a hot shower to take it out. I use very strong water pressure. The limbs gradually become thinner. Do not pour water on an area for a long time, or suddenly change the area to be poured into. The action should be smooth. They resorted to contrasting showers. Once the legs get hot, the water temperature will change from warm to cold, and vice versa. Repeat several times.
- Cupping massage.This is a vacuum, and this is how it stimulates the skin. This stimulation has a positive effect on blood vessels. The blood flow improves, the blood does not stagnate, the pain disappears, and the tissue metabolism process is stable. The bruises produced during the operation are not terrible at all and will not cause harm. They passed quickly. This procedure can only be prescribed by a doctor. This massage can be done at home. Before placing the jar, apply an emollient to the skin. Vaseline or cream is usually used. Today, pharmacies sell special vacuum devices for this type of massage.
- Self massage.Only in the initial manifestations of varicose veins. Please perform the following exercises. They are sitting on the sofa, one leg should be straightened, and the other leg should be on the floor. The straight limbs must be stroked, moving upward from the knees. Then, the legs are heated by friction. Continue this process until redness and warming of the skin are minimal. If pain occurs, the operation must be stopped immediately.
- Hardware massage.The equipment used to achieve this goal is represented by high reserves. The pneumatic cuff is placed on the wall of the stocking. During pneumatic compression, air is supplied to the pneumatic cuff. The injection starts from the feet and moves to the buttocks. Through this operation, venous hemolymph is pushed out from the blood vessels of the lower limbs. In this case, the massage effect is very gentle. This makes it possible to use this technique not only in the first stage of the disease, but also later.
It should be noted that only venologists can answer the question of whether it is possible to massage the varicose veins of the legs.
He will be able to properly assess the situation and take into account all possible risks, complexity and positive aspects, which are the results of the process.
Massage leg fatigue
Take a short break and then continue. It is best to lie on the sofa with your legs raised on the sofa. This can reduce tension in the lower limbs. After resting for 10 minutes, you can start the massage. You should sit down, straighten your legs, and then start massaging from the feet to the calf muscles.
When stroking, you need to lightly step on your legs without touching the capillary stars. Starting from the calf, you need to move to the knee first and then to the thigh. The massage starts with a healthy calf and then massages the patient. The execution time of this procedure on each leg shall not exceed 2 minutes. Applause is next. Two minutes. After performing the operation, raise the leg again for ten minutes. This causes blood to flow out.
Is it possible to perform leg massage on varicose veins? This issue is complex and controversial. However, independent massage is an extraordinary process. Do not need to spend a lot of time and energy. Just set aside a little time for your health, it is enough to perform the procedure regularly, and the effect will be obvious. Soon, the legs will be easier, the pain will disappear, the severe swelling of the legs will disappear, and the skin will become more elastic. Through routine procedures, you can completely forget about diseases such as varicose veins.