Gymnastics for the treatment of varicose veins in the legs has become a good supplement to the medicine prescribed by doctors.
But you need to do gymnastics regularly, otherwise you will not get the expected results.
What is the use of remedial gymnastics
What is the use of remedial gymnastics? Special exercises solve many common problems with varicose veins of the lower extremities. This:
- Improve lymphatic and venous outflow;
- Increase physical exercise and endurance;
- Increased venous tone;
- Improve blood supply to surrounding veins.
If you do not give yourself a burden and ignore the daily performance of the comprehensive sports field, then you may cause further stagnation of venous blood in the area of vascular inflammation. At the same time, local pressure also increases, which will only exacerbate the pathology.
This will increase the pathological symptoms:
- Swelling of the ankle and entire calf;
- General pain in the legs increased.
Daily lessons help prevent the development of this disease and enhance the therapeutic effect of the medications taken.
Sports activities during varicose veins of the lower extremities
Varicose veins of the lower extremities most often occur in people with little exercise. For anyone, the simplest and most accessible exercise is ordinary walking. People who are diagnosed with the disease should take a path, even a few steps a day.
The second most useful and simple exercise can be called cycling or swimming.
In addition, doctors have developed a special gymnastics field to solve the problem of varicose veins in the legs.
The phlebologist recommends a comprehensive exercise against varicose veins in the morning and evening, for which about half an hour of free time is allocated. However, it is not worth putting too much pressure on yourself and exhausting yourself. You must consider your level of preparation and do not exceed the allowable range. A five-minute exercise and then relax the tense muscles is enough.
There are some other useful anti-varices guides:
- It is recommended that people engaged in fixed-position work perform 5 minutes of gymnastics every hour;
- It is necessary to monitor your posture and do not cross your legs when sitting on a chair;
- During the day, you will need to exercise several times at the medical center.
When diagnosing varicose veins in the legs, you cannot:
- Overload of lower limbs;
- Specializes in exercises with heavy loads on the legs;
- can lift weights, even upwards.
For varicose veins, light load is allowed instead of excessive load.
The main complex of varicose veins
Movement from the above complex is universal and suitable for diagnosing varicose veins in arms or legs and veins in the lower pelvic area.
- You need to lie on the floor on your back and pull one foot to your chest. Then lift the upper body and lock it for a few seconds. Then return to the starting position and repeat the action with the other leg.
- Lie on the floor and raise your bent legs above the floor. Straighten them and hold for two to three seconds. Then bend your legs again.
- Lie on the ground, raising his legs. Rotate the feet in and out. You can also bend/relax your toes.
- We sit on any chair. We put our heels on the floor and started to separate the socks. This action must be repeated approximately twenty times.
- We lay on the floor, arms stretched along the body. We started to raise our legs one by one. At maximum height, the limb will need to be held for a few seconds and then lowered to the floor. Repeat ten times.
- Practice "swallowing". Must be repeated twenty times.
- Stand up straight and start rolling from toe to heel. Be sure to redistribute weight. You need to do about twenty repetitions.
- You need to walk with your knees raised for about 15 minutes.
Exercise for varicose veins of lower limbs
Gymnastics is very effective in treating varicose veins in the legs. Especially in the early stages of pathology.
- You need to lie on any flat surface and place your feet on high pillows to raise them about 20 degrees. And lie quietly in this position to reduce the burden on the veins.
- We lay on the floor, bent our knees, and put our feet on the floor. We put the palms on the hips. When we inhale, we begin to raise the upper body, sliding the palms along the surface of the hips and legs, lowering it to knee height. Then, we breathe out slowly, put our bodies back on the floor, and return to their original positions.
- Lie on the floor. Hands along the body. Raise your legs above the floor and clamp a small mat with your feet. We hold our breath while deflection in the lumbar region. The surface of the hip must be lifted off the ground. Then exhale and restore the body to its original position.
- We lie on the floor with our hands on our bodies. Now you need to slowly bend your legs and absorb the abdomen. Then start exhaling and at the same time let the belly swell
- Stand up. Bring your legs together and lower your hands along your body. Begin to breathe deeply while lifting your toes. Then exhale, return the leg to its original position, that is, descend on the entire foot.
If you take the recommended exercise regularly, you can greatly reduce the symptoms that accompany venous congestion. In addition, the treatment of varicose veins in the legs by gymnastics helps to stop the development of pathology and reduce the risk of negative consequences for the disease.
Other exercises for varicose veins on the legs
In order to enhance the therapeutic effect of the morning complex, other exercises should be performed during the day.
- Straighten your feet. You must rise and fall slowly. Repeat 30 times
- Separate the socks and connect the heels. The same goes up and down. Repeat 30 times.
- Flatten the socks, but spread out the heels. Up and down again 30 times.
- Simulate walking in place without lifting your toes off the floor.
- Legs close together, arms hanging along the body. Inhale slowly while pulling your shoulders back. When exhaling, your back should be relaxed and your head should bow to the chest.
- Stand on the floor with arms along your body. When inhaling, you need to stand on your toes and raise your hands to the ceiling. At the exit, lower your arms and stand up.
- The tension and relaxation of the gluteal muscles produced good results.
Exercise to prevent the formation of varicose veins
The following exercises will help prevent the development of varicose veins:
- We lay on the floor, arms along the body. The legs should be on the chair. They must be straight. It is necessary to bend/bend the feet in sequence. Repeat the movement 5 times for each leg.
- We lie on our backs. Lift your legs up and spread them apart. We started to rotate the ankle right/left. You need to do 7 repetitions.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise, except that the legs are bent at the knees. The knee joint needs to be rotated. Repeat the movement 7 times for each leg.
- Enter the "Birch" position. Separate your legs and swing alternately. The number of repetitions is 7 times.
- You need to jump 15 times on your toes. Then take a short break and repeat the jump.
Varicose veins are a very unpleasant pathology and are usually diagnosed. Gymnastics treatment of varicose veins in the legs helps reduce the manifestations of this disease.