The lower limbs have the most varicose veins. Under the condition of bearing the body weight and daily pressure, the leg swells and is injured, and the leg and buttocks appear obvious network structure.
The main risk group is women. Complex measures will help eliminate unpleasant diseases; in severe cases, minimally invasive techniques or surgical intervention will be shown.
Causes of diseases
Blood flows too much and is difficult to drain, blood vessels are deformed, walls become fragile and fragile, and damage occurs.
The veins are dilated, and blue knots are visible under the skin.
Damaged blood vessels can stimulate lymphatic congestion and leg swelling. The patient will feel constant pain and heaviness, and may have convulsions. The skin on the legs becomes thin, peeling and itchy. In most cases, the calf and pop area are affected, but sometimes varicose veins can also affect the thigh.
The disease most often affects women. The patient is at risk:
- 30 years old or older;
- People who are overweight or obese;
- I am pregnant;
- Suffer from various cardiovascular diseases;
- has genetic susceptibility to varicose veins;
- Forced to stand a lot during working days.
At the first signs of varicose veins, it is recommended to contact a therapist who will refer a phlebologist
The sooner the treatment of this disease starts, the more successful it is. Without timely treatment, dangerous complications may occur: thrombosis, eczema, tissue necrosis, trophic ulcers.
How to treat varicose veins on women's legs?
The treatment of varicose veins on the legs should be comprehensive:
- In the initial stage, patients will be prescribed venotonic drugs and anticoagulants in the form of tablets and capsules. Vitamin complexes are included in the treatment plan; special preparations are prescribed to thin the blood. At this time, it is useful to use folk recipes that relieve swelling and improve blood flow.
- When varicose veins are severe, conservative techniques are no longer useful. Possible sclerotherapy, which means introducing a special adhesive in the affected blood vessel. This procedure is forbidden to be used in thrombosis. At the same time, intensive intravenous treatment is performed to avoid recurrence.
- If there is a risk of blood clots and severe vein damage, surgery is required. Under local or general anesthesia, remove the affected area of the blood vessel and suture the skin.
This operation requires a long recovery period, after which it is necessary to follow eating habits, abstain from bad habits and take medication to prevent further damage to the veins.
Now that you have a better understanding of how to deal with the problem of varicose veins in women's legs, medication is the next most important topic, and we will discuss it in the following section.
The best medicine
The main task of a phlebologist is to strengthen blood vessels, normalize blood flow, eliminate pain symptoms and prevent complications.
It is not worth taking medicine without the supervision of a doctor. The wrong choice of medicine will bring more benefits than harm.
The doctor not only formulated the treatment plan, but also prescribed the correct dosage and course of treatment.
- Venotonic tablets and ointments will help strengthen the blood vessels in the legs. The standard course of treatment is 2 weeks, which can be extended according to the doctor's prescription.
- Oral medications are supplemented with ointments and gels.
- For leg pain and heaviness, a topical anesthetic was used.
An ointment containing horse chestnut seed extract will help deal with swelling.
Rub it into the affected area twice a day. From time to time, you can apply the medicine to a cotton cloth and apply it to the enlarged vein for compression.
Improving vein conditions will help increase physical activity. This is especially important for patients who have to stand all day long. A simple complex can be performed in the morning and evening to help relieve muscle tension and normalize blood flow. The exercise will take 7-10 minutes, but you need to practice regularly.
- You need to start the complex with a gentle warm-up to warm the muscles. The bending and turning of the body, the rotation of the hands and head, the elevation of the legs, and various dance moves are all suitable.
- Then continue to exercise on the mat. The most beneficial actions are those that carry weights with straight feet or bent legs.
- You can simulate cycling, bring your legs together and apart, raise your legs a few centimeters above the floor, and raise and lower your pelvis from a supine position.
- End the complex with elasticity that improves blood circulation. Plie (squat slowly with legs apart), alternate forward lunges with left and right legs, stretching when standing and lying down.
This kind of mini warm-up exercise can be done in the middle of the working day. Exercise can improve physical and mental health and activate blood flow.
How to treat varicose veins in women at home? For home treatments, traditional medicine recipes are widely used. Especially useful are water decoctions and oral medicinal drugs for bathing, lotion and dressing.
So, how to treat women's varicose veins through folk remedies? Here are the most effective recipes that have helped more than a generation of women:
- Horse chestnut soup has the effect of varicose veins in the legs, strengthens blood vessels and prevents their deformation. Pour a small amount of raw materials into one liter of boiling water, heat for 5 minutes, then pour and filter. Drink 0. 5 cups of broth twice a day before meals, and the course of treatment is 10-14 days.
- A cool foot bath infused from oak bark, chamomile, twine, St. John's wort and plantain leaves will help eliminate swelling. Pour equal proportions of herbs into 2 liters of boiling water, keep it in a thermos or under the lid, and pour it into a basin. This process lasts 10 minutes, preferably before going to bed, and then lubricate the limbs with venotonic ointment or gel.
- A soup that stimulates hop cones, sweet clover, hawthorn and rose hips, angelica root or licorice will help get rid of adhesions and blood clots, and accelerate blood flow. It is recommended to replace herbs, drink 1-1. 5 cups of broth every day and divide it into 3 doses.
Women at risk should pay special attention to preventive measures. Simple measures can prevent veins from deforming and avoid unpleasant consequences. You need to start with weight loss and nutritional normalization. The daily diet should not exceed 2, 000 calories; with age, this number will gradually decrease.
Treating women with varicose veins requires including as many fiber-rich foods as possible in the menu: fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains.
The diet includes lean turkey, chicken, sea fish and seafood instead of fatty meat, smoked meat and sausage.
Low-fat fermented milk products are very useful: cheese, homemade yogurt, kefir. Limit the amount of salt to 3 mg per day. This simple measure will improve blood flow and help prevent swelling of the limbs. In order to thin the blood and strengthen the blood vessels, foods rich in vitamin C are very useful: rose hips, sea buckthorn, citrus fruits, cabbage.
Proper nutrition will help avoid chronic constipation, which is dangerous for varicose veins.
In order to avoid edema, it is necessary to limit the way of drinking and exclude strong tea, natural and instant coffee, carbonated drinks and energy drinks.
All women prone to varicose veins must quit smoking and severely limit alcohol consumption. Nicotine and combustion products have harmful effects on blood vessels, causing their deformation and fragility, and increasing blood viscosity.
Ethanol at any dose strongly dilates blood vessels, causing blood to flow rapidly and then stagnate. Women at risk should limit themselves to drinking twice a week or abstain from their diet altogether.
Compression stockings will help prevent varicose veins. Stockings, leggings, knee-high tights or tights will disperse the pressure, stimulate blood flow and reduce swelling and pain.
It is best to entrust the choice of model and its density to the phlebologist; you can buy sweatshirts at professional orthopedic salons or pharmacies.
Varicose veins are a disease that can cause a lot of trouble. Swelling of the veins spoils the appearance, causing pain and heaviness. The correct choice of treatment can help relieve the symptoms of discomfort, and timely preventive measures can prevent recurrence.