Varicose veins need mandatory treatment, because without varicose veins, the pathology will only worsen, and the patient's condition will also worsen. If the course of the disease is not complicated, folk remedies can be used to treat varicose veins, and a prescription should be prescribed in addition to drugs if necessary.
Varicose veins is a fairly common disease characterized by changes in the shape and size of veins (usually the lower extremities). In addition, esophageal varicose veins and hemorrhoid veins were found.
Varicose veins occur in men and women over the age of 50, although the number of varicose veins has increased among young people.
The disease can cause swelling, heaviness, bleeding and infection of trophic ulcers formed by varicose veins. A person may suffer from leg cramps, redness, and often identify skin color changes in the ankle area. In order to make a diagnosis, a physiological examination is usually sufficient, and the veins are examined in more detail using ultrasound.
Main features of varicose veins
Certain characteristics are characteristic of venous pathology. If you understand them, you can properly prevent and treat varicose veins through folk remedies.
The disease occurs in about 50-55% of women and 40-45% of men (in the United States). In addition, half of people 50 years and older have varicose veins.
- Varicose veins are not always just a cosmetic problem. Diseases can affect a person's life, and in severe cases can cause serious health problems.
- Varicose veins and spider veins are both hereditary pathologies. If a person's family members have varicose veins, it increases the risk of the disease.
- Related to weight-If you are overweight, patients are more likely to develop varicose veins.
- Gender-related-women are more likely to have varicose veins than men.
- Age-related-As people get older, varicose veins and venous insufficiency become more and more troublesome.
- Varicose veins are very common during pregnancy-but usually disappear on their own within 3 months after delivery.
- Varicose veins usually develop in the context of hormonal imbalance. Similarly, medications containing estrogen used for birth control or hormone replacement therapy can increase the risk of varicose veins.
- Illness may be related to work. Sitting or standing for a long time can worsen the condition of the venous system. Frequent crossing of the legs also contributes to the development of the disease, as this position interferes with blood flow through the blood vessels.
- Varicose veins can cause discomfort-heaviness, tightness, pain and calf muscle cramps when walking, especially at night.
Doctors can easily diagnose pathological conditions-sometimes, based on a physical examination of the legs, a diagnosis is made based on how the patient feels.
- Dual ultrasonography is the best way to assess the condition of the venous system. This ultrasound imaging test is based on sound waves to study the structure and size of veins and measure blood flow.
- Varicose veins are usually found in the legs, while spider veins are commonly found in the legs and face.
- Over time, the course of varicose veins may worsen and cause structural changes in the skin-ulcers. In severe cases, the ulcer will not heal, and the skin will harden and increase tissue swelling.
- Itching in the ankle area may not only be a sign of dry skin, but it may also be a more serious condition-varicose veins, which usually causes itching and burning.
- If varicose veins are damaged, the bleeding may exceed your expectations. In this case, excessive bleeding is due to an increase in the amount of blood accumulated in the veins.
- In 2-3% of patients with varicose veins, a blood clot (thrombosis) is identified, and in 25% of cases, the blood clot that forms can move to the deep vein. This leads to the development of deep vein thrombosis, which is a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention. Improving blood flow in the legs can help prevent blood clots from forming.
- If the pain is disturbing, redness/swelling around the varicose veins can be determined, or if the pain persists, immediate medical attention is required.
- Lifestyle changes can help you strengthen your blood vessels. Adjusting your daily routine is very important, especially when you lose weight and raise your legs and avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Compression stockings can help improve general conditions-these special tights or thigh stockings are made of elastic materials and compress the legs when worn. They are usually the first step in the treatment of varicose veins.
- If lifestyle changes and compression socks don’t work, there are other options. In particular, some varicose vein treatments can relieve symptoms and improve the appearance of the legs. These can include minimally invasive surgery such as vein ablation, sclerotherapy or microfibrectomy. There are more thorough invasive treatments, such as ligation and vein removal.
- Folk remedies are considered to be the most readily available treatments, and in some cases, they are quite effective in the treatment of varicose veins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can folk remedies be used to effectively treat varicose veins?
The cost of medication for varicose veins can be high, so the recommended home remedies can help reduce the severity of the disease and the level of discomfort that it often causes.
Rich in vitamin C, it is a powerful antioxidant. It stimulates the production of collagen and helps cells repair and reproduce themselves. Parsley can also strengthen capillaries, because it contains rutin, reducing the size of blood vessels can help relieve the pain often associated with varicose veins.
Preparation: Boil a small amount of fresh parsley in a glass of water for 5 minutes. The solution was removed from the heat source and cooled to room temperature. Filter the product and add a drop of rose and marigold essential oils to it.
Application: Use a cotton swab to apply the product to the skin area with varicose veins. This type of treatment is given every day for several months, after which a positive result should be confirmed. Adding raw parsley to the diet can also help improve vein health.
Berries like blueberries can strengthen vein walls and promote blood circulation. These little gifts of nature are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids. It is enough to eat a little raw food every day or use it with tea to improve your health. To do this, add a teaspoon of blueberries to a cup of warm water. Drink two glasses a day for best results.
Calendula is another popular herb that can improve vein health. This kind of plant keeps the vessel from degeneration and destruction for a long time. In particular, you can use marigolds to make tea, which helps repair damaged tissues and reduce swelling of the lower limbs. Moreover, this remedy helps to reduce the degree of pain.
If you are interested in an ointment for varicose veins, you can make a cream with calendula. To prepare it, take some petals and soak them in water, then add the filtered solution to a normal moisturizer. You need to apply this remedy every night before going to bed before you can achieve the desired results.
These small chestnuts are the basis for the best folk remedies for varicose veins and spider veins.
Preparation: Mix 5 tablespoons of chopped chestnuts (equivalent to 50 grams) with 1 liter of water. To do this, boil the water and add chestnuts. Boil the mixture for about 10 minutes. Then the liquid is filtered.
Application: Warm drinking product. Use this recipe every day.
What are the simple ways to treat varicose veins with folk remedies at home?
Massageis a good choice for painful and sensitive legs, as is usually the case with varicose veins. Similarly, massage is performed to prevent problems with a sedentary lifestyle or spending a lot of time on the legs.
During the massage, you need to make circular movements instead of pressing hard, but more friction. You should start with the ankles and feet and gradually rise to the hips. This procedure will be more effective when using essential oils. For varicose veins, ginger, chamomile, lemongrass, sage and other essential oils are the best.
- Lemongrass oilIt helps to improve blood circulation and is very effective for the treatment of prominent veins because it can well prevent blood stagnation and blood clottingPiece.
- Ginger OilProvides a pleasant warmth during use. It also contains antioxidants, which help the body eliminate waste and reduce inflammation. The combination of these two directions of action can improve blood circulation in the lower limbs.
- Chamomile oilHelps reduce the severity and discomfort that may be caused by pulsating veins.
- Sage essential oilcan well treat menopausal symptoms, reduce swelling and prevent intravascular coagulation.
- black pepper oilhas a warming effect, thereby stimulating blood circulation. This oil is also an excellent anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.
- Cypress oilis one of the most effective essential oils for reducing and preventing varicose veins. It can strengthen capillaries, improve blood circulation and relieve pain related to varicose veins.
- German chamomile oilis one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory essential oils. Adding it to the massage liquid helps other oils to recover, condition and strengthen the vein walls and valves more actively.
- Marigold oilis one of the best repair oils for damaged skin, veins and tissues. Its anticoagulant properties help dissolve blood clots and reduce the chance of platelet precipitation. Gelichrizum can also improve blood circulation and local inflammation, so it is one of the most effective essential oils for reducing varicose veins.
- Peppermint oilPeppermint oil has a cooling effect, can relieve pain, stimulate blood circulation and reduce inflammation. When used in combination with heating oil (such as black pepper), it has a synergistic effect and can expand and shrink blood vessels. As a result, blood circulation is stimulated.
- Rosemary oilIt is particularly beneficial to the development of arteries and peripheral circulation. Its warming properties help blood move in blood vessels of various sizes.
- Sandalwood oil, but it can rebuild veins, stimulate healthy blood circulation and help reduce varicose veins.
- arrow grass oil-A plant known for its balanced properties. It is an excellent stimulant for the entire circulatory system, helping to transport stagnant blood to its destination.
According to the formula, two or three kinds of oils can be mixed, or they can be mixed at once. At the same time, it is important to observe the dosage of essential oils, which are usually expressed in drops.
Contrast showeris another home remedy that can be used for most people with varicose veins. Pouring cold water and hot water on your feet in turns for 10 to 20 seconds is enough to relieve fatigue and discomfort.
Raising the leg to the level of the heartis a simple and effective way to improve varicose veins. Sometimes putting your feet on the wall after get off work is enough to make you feel better after 10 minutes.
Any comments on the use of folk remedies to treat varicose veins?
Folk remedies are the most readily available and relatively safe, so they are mainly used by patients with varicose veins for treatment purposes. There are different opinions on the effectiveness of this influence method, and there are reasons for this. Users themselves often point them out in their comments.
- "I only welcome folk remedies to treat varicose veins. I personally start using them even before going to the doctor and taking any medications. However, if you don't start, you can treat varicose veins with non-traditional methods. IDid different things. For a long time, I did not notice these symptoms until I saw how varicose veins interfered with my usual important activities. Then, after going to the doctor, she started using an anti-Vitamins and intravenous protection drugs. As a result, the fatigue almost disappeared and I started to feel better. Now, I use it in prevention courses. "
- "No matter what varicose vein therapy, civilian therapy or drug therapy is used, this therapy alone will not help. You need to eat correctly, exercise and flush, and exercise before you can rely on something positive. "
- "I believe that folk remedies for varicose veins can only be helpful if they are grown in their own garden or well-known farms. Therefore, in the stores they sell, I don't know what and how they received them. I have identified a vascular protection medicine for myself, and the price is right, and the stomach will not be hurt after taking it. "
Therefore, folk remedies are only helpful in the early stages of varicose vein formation, and since not everyone can use varicose veins correctly, medical treatment is usually easier and more effective. The only thing is that you need to consult a doctor before taking any medicine.