According to statistics, the number of people suffering from varicose veins is increasing every year. The disease is characterized by loss of blood vessel elasticity, which is not conducive to blood circulation. As a result, the vein stretches, causing a feeling of heaviness and pain and visible defects.
Prevention is recommended to prevent this disease.
Prevention of varicose veins-general principles
So far, a series of actions have been developed to significantly reduce the risk of varicose veins in the lower extremities. You should develop a habit so that the disease does not affect you.
How to avoid varicose veins on the legs:
- It is forbidden to stay in one position for a long time. This applies to both sitting and standing. The problem is that this condition causes blood circulation to slow down and blood stagnation occurs. When working or resting, please try to rest often and take some exercise;
- Do not cross your legs, because this will cause the veins to be compressed and cause poor blood circulation;
- Excessive activity is also contraindicated, because a strong load can cause blood stagnation in the veins, which is one of the main causes of varicose veins.
- It is important to monitor your weight, because if you gain weight, a lot of blood will accumulate in your blood vessels, which means an increase in burden;
- Prioritize proper nutrition. Try to add more foods containing protein and vitamins C and E to your diet, because these substances will improve the condition of veins and capillary walls.
- It is also important to maintain an active lifestyle, because regular exercise will force muscles to contract, leading to stable blood circulation, which means you don’t have to worry about blood stagnation.
- Choosing the right shoes is crucial. It is important that she is comfortable and supported by the instep. It is recommended to use a special insole. The heel should be fixed and the heel height is 3 cm.
- Don't be fooled by thermal baths, wraps and saunas. The fact is that temperature increases blood circulation, which increases the burden on veins.
- In order to improve the flow of blood, it is recommended that you place your feet on a hill while resting so that it is higher than your heart.
The risk of problems can be reduced with the help of compression panties, which are designed to normalize the microcirculation in the blood vessels and help the blood vessel walls to maintain elasticity.
Prevention of varicose veins in the legs-gymnastics
To prevent this problem, it is recommended to regularly perform a series of exercises aimed at reducing the diameter of the vein.
How to prevent varicose veins of the lower extremities through exercise:
- When practicing, please lie on your back and raise your legs. Lift the socks and then pull them towards you. Do 10-15 times;
- Without changing the initial position of the body, raise your legs and use your feet to make a circular motion, moving clockwise and then counterclockwise. The number of repetitions is the same;
- The famous exercise "Birch" can well prevent varicose veins of the lower extremities. Don't change the starting position, but only now, you not only need to raise your legs, but also your pelvis, and you must support your lower back with your hands. As a result, the legs should form a straight line. Hold the position for 15 seconds;
- It can be treated and prevented by doing the following exercises: lying on your back again, raising your legs that should be bent. Stretch your knees to your sides and hold your feet with both hands. Rhythmic pulls on your feet will stretch the muscles. The position should be fixed for 15 seconds.
Different leg stretching exercises can be used. It is recommended that you spend 15 to 20 minutes. They are important because they can improve blood circulation in blood vessels.
Prevention of varicose veins-drugs
To prevent this problem, it is recommended that you go to the pharmacy to buy medicine. It is necessary to choose drugs that belong to the venononics group, but remember that these drugs should only be prescribed by a doctor.
Medications should only be used according to the dosage prescribed by the doctor, and the doctor should consider the condition of the vein.
Prevention of varicose veins on the legs-folk recipes
Despite the surge in medicines, many people still prefer to use traditional medicine formulations for treatment.
How to prevent at home:
- Nutmeg.For prevention and treatment, you can prepare the following remedy: pour 1 teaspoon of chopped nutmeg into boiling water, and then add a little honey. This medicine should be taken one hour before meals.
- Buckwheat.Use a coffee grinder to make buckwheat flour and consume 1 tablespoon per day. 1 tablespoon. Water;
- Horse chestnut treatment.The plant can be used to prevent 2 cases. With the tin agent made from it, 50 grams of horse chestnuts were ground and filled with 0. 5 liters of vodka. Stay in the dark for 7 days. After the stated time has elapsed, strain everything and take 10 drops 4 times a day. Home treatment should be carried out within one month. You can use horse chestnut to make a compress. For this, take a piece of black bread, spread camphor oil on it, and place the chopped horse chestnut on top. Suitable for veins that are easy to expand;
- Serum.In order to reduce the heaviness of the legs (which indicates increased tension in the veins), whey compresses can be made. Take a cloth, soak it in the serum, and apply it to the calf. Cover with foil and parchment paper. Secure with a bandage overnight.
- Apple cider vinegar.In order to reduce the risk of illness, it is necessary to rub the vinegar into the lower limbs after bathing.
This article provides basic information needed to treat and prevent diseases. Treat them regularly to avoid getting into varicose veins.