In this article you will learn: what should be the diet in varicose veins. Why certain foods help to cope with the disease, while others lead to deterioration of health.
Health food in varicose veins improves the effectiveness of the drugs. The drugs are useless if the man will continue to consume foods and drinks that negatively affect the condition of the blood vessels.
Diet with all types of varicose veins (the veins of the legs, pelvis, esophagus, and stomach) the same. During the visit phlebologist – specialist in diseases of the veins – the patient, together with the recommendations for the receipt of drugs receives a flyer with the list of permitted and prohibited products.
With the help of a diet to get rid of varicose veins is impossible, but a proper diet is necessary for the prevention of the progression of the disease.
The objective of the diet in varicose veins
Power in the presence of varicose veins (in all its forms) pursues the following objectives:
- The strengthening of the vascular walls – the vitamins and minerals reduce the vascular permeability, increase the elasticity of the veins, have anti-inflammatory effects. The consumption of foods rich in useful components, improves the condition of blood vessels in varicose veins.
- The decrease of the viscosity of the blood, the blood of varicose veins slows down the circulation of the blood, increases the risk of formation of blood clots. Therefore, when any location changes, it is necessary to observe a mode, to drink and avoid dehydration.
- Reduce tissue swelling – fluid retention in the body leads to the development of edema – one of the main symptoms of varicose veins of the lower limbs.
- The fight against obesity – overweight patient leads to an increase in pressure in the blood vessels of the legs and is considered one of the major factors that trigger the development of varicose veins.
- The normalization of the bowel – regular constipation lead to accumulation of toxic substances in the body, have a negative impact on the condition of the blood vessels; increase of blood pressure in the veins of the pelvis and of the lower limbs, increases the load on the venous walls.
Vitamins and trace elements
- Vitamin e is a Powerful antioxidant (protects cell membranes from damage). Products: all vegetable oils, eggs, wheat germ, lettuce, walnuts.
- Vitamin c Has an anti-inflammatory effect, strengthens the blood vessels. Products: citrus fruits, apples, gooseberries, kiwi, blueberries, currants, and herbs.
- The bioflavonoids. Improve the elasticity of capillaries, stabilize the membranes of cells. Products: citrus fruits, berries, buckwheat, green tea.
- The copper. Is required for the synthesis of elastin, strengthens the walls of the veins, and prevents them from thinning and expansion. Products: seaweed, seafood.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. Lower cholesterol, prevent damage to blood vessels. Products: fish, seafood, vegetable oils, cod liver oil, spinach.
Diet in varicose veins: foods recommended
- The vegetables should be the basis of the diet of the patient with varicose veins. Particularly useful: cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, beets. Every day on the table should be present in salads of fresh vegetables, seasoned with vegetable oil, vegetables and side dishes.
- Fruits: citrus, apples, pears, cherries, cherries, apricots.
- Berries: cranberries, blueberries, and cranberries, and raspberries.
- Fish and seafood serve a good alternative to meat dishes, prawns, mussels, squid.
- Low-fat types of meat: beef, pork, chicken and rabbit. A product useful in varicose veins – beef liver.
- Dry fruits: almonds, and walnuts added to cereals, chopped nutmeg used as a condiment to the dishes.
- Grains contain carbohydrates, which provide energy to the body. In varicose veins preference brown diu frumentum rice and buckwheat, rich in plant fiber and trace elements.
- Legumes: peas, soya beans.
- Herbs: parsley, spinach, sorrel.
- Honey, we recommend to take as supplements, tea, porridge, 2-3 tablespoons per day. It is particularly useful when varicose veins chestnut honey. Horse-chestnut extract is included in the composition of the drug "Naphazoline", which is often prescribed for patients with varicose veins.
Diet varicose veins involves the intake of large amounts of liquid. The most useful drinks:
- green tea;
- natural fruit and vegetable juices;
- fruit drinks berries;
- composed of fruit;
- ginger tea;
- herbal teas (the leaf of currant, mint, lemon balm);
- normal water natural;
- drink with a base of vinegar.
The recipe of the drink with apple cider vinegar
In a glass of lukewarm water add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, honey to taste, mix well. In the course of the day, after the meal.
Recipe for the preparation of ginger tea
Four tablespoons of chopped ginger, and the zest of a lemon, pour a liter of boiling water, cover with a lid and leave to rest for half an hour, let it cool down to a comfortable temperature, add honey to taste.
The list of prohibited products and beverages
In varicose veins under the prohibition of entering foods and beverages, promote the retention of fluids in the body, increase of weight and have a negative impact on the veins.
- Alcohol – alcohol dilates the blood vessels, the liquid of the cells out into the intercellular space, metabolism, deterioration of the health of the patient: the greater heaviness and pain in the legs.
- Cold cuts, pickles – lead to fluid retention.
- Strong broths, gelatin – contain a large number of extraction, increase the viscosity of the blood.
- Fatty meats – refractory fat increases cholesterol, increases the viscosity of the blood.
- All types of canned food – colorings, and preservatives, incoming in their composition have a toxic effect on the blood vessels
- Muffin, the torah, the chocolate contains a large amount of carbohydrates, so are prohibited in overweight patients. In the absence of obesity these products can be consumed in limited quantities.
- Spicy condiments – that affect the blood vessels.
- Savoury products – salt promotes fluid retention and edema in the legs. The food is prepared without salt, a little adds immediately before a meal.
- Coffee, black tea, tea, drinks, contraindicated in all diseases of the heart and blood vessels, including varicose veins.
- Chicory – this drink is often used in replacement of coffee in the patients with hypertension, but as it dilates the blood vessels, varicose veins of the veins eat.
The stronger the patient expressed the symptoms of a more severe disease should be the diet in varicose veins of the veins.
An example of a menu
Breakfast: milk porridge rice with nuts or fruit, a glass of ginger tea.
Lunch: salad of fresh vegetables, seasoned with sunflower oil.
Lunch: low-fat chicken soup, potatoes in foil, a chicken breast, green tea.
Snack: a cup of yogurt with fruit, app cookies.
Dinner: buckwheat, boiled, baked fish. Fruit juice.
Patients with varicose veins of the veins should always the intervention of a doctor-phlebologist. The drug treatment courses. The diet should always be followed. If you follow the advice of your doctor about 80% of patients with the initial stages of the disease fully recover from the operation. Serious violations of the power supply (the consumption of alcohol, large amounts of animal fats and other prohibited products) often lead to relapse. In the complicated during varicose veins which manages to achieve an improvement in only 50% of the patients, others aim to treat the.