Varicose veins of the legs is a chronic disease, which is characterized by the extension of venous vessels, and violation of the blood flow in the lower limbs.
The disease is common in men and women. The danger lies in the fact that detect in its early stages is quite difficult, and later to the treatment is fraught with complications.
Varicose veins on the legs: the treatment in the different stages of the disease
How to treat varicose veins on the legs, depends on the condition of the patient and the stage where it is addressed to a doctor. Of the four stages of the disease. Below we will examine in detail each of them.
Treat varicose veins on the legs in the initial phase (as in the picture) — it is the right decision. Especially in time of diagnose of the disease. In the initial phase, the patient suffers from swelling in the legs, aching pain and heaviness in the lower limbs (especially after long walks).
Therapy should include regular lessons, special exercises, massage courses, as well as the use of creams, eliminating fatigue and swelling.
For a further strengthening of the walls and improve the flow of blood, the doctor may prescribe tonics.
Important!The massage is shown only in the initial phase. In the presence of wounds will result in damage to people and will have a load of extra work for the blood vessels.
The first phase
To the symptoms in the first stage, are added the following:
- the formation of stars and nodules on the legs;
- frequent cramping during the night.
- the sensation of heat below the knee.
In this phase it is recommended to undergo medical treatments:
- sclerotherapy (with the introduction of a needle in the substance, and strengthens its blood to the inside and restore the damaged areas);
- ozone therapy instrument, introduced into the lumen of the vessel, from sticking to its wall).
To fix the effect, the patient in the space of a few months after the procedure, wearing compression stockings and special, have a pressure on the walls of the blood vessels.
The second phase
Nodules and telangiectasia purchase a shade more intense, in the affected areas are itching and burning, often appears, pigmentation and numbness of the skin.
The treatment is done in one of two ways:
- Traditional– a combination of medicines and compression therapy.
- Operational– provides for a surgical intervention and the conduct of such operations:
- if the patient is not compromised the function of the valves, has prescribed therapy sclerosant (sending of chloride of iron);
- laser direct impact on the treatment of hot laser stream.
Important!In this phase it is necessary to contact immediately the opinion of the phlebologist.
The third phase
This is the most severe form of the disease, characterized by protruding deformed nodes, which can burst in the event of strong pressure.
Sometimes instead of nodules and varicose veins can appear to be open wounds, which fester and do not heal in a matter of a few weeks (sores).
At this stage it is only effective for the removal of tissue through the implementation of flebectomia. After discharge the patient long period of time should wear a compression garment and take drugs, to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
If the disease has progressed to the last step, do not despair — there are modern painless techniques of removing varicose veins — an example of such a removal operation by means of a laser.
Features varicose veins men and women
It is believed that this disorder most are women, because they often wear tight shoes and high heels have a physiological tendency. In reality, the percentage of patients who are approximately the same in both sexes, the difference in the movement to help women first, recognize the symptoms and have been sounding the alarm, while the men in the long huddle with this or do not give the value of disorders.
Another reason – pregnancy. With the increase in body weight increases the load on the foot, which is full of varicose veins.
The symptoms of varicose veins men and women are similar, but the course of the disease has its own characteristics.
The danger for men is that there is a high risk of spread of the disease, the arms and the groin (varicocele).
The main difference is that you can call and that, because of the style of life, for men there is a group of factors that greatly accelerate the process of the development of the disease:
- intense physical activity;
- bad habits such as smoking, alcohol;
- lifting weights;
- the great mass of the body, and, as a result, the load on the legs;
- inattention – men less picky in regard to the external changes of the skin, so you may not notice the seal of nodules.
The difference between how to treat varicose veins on the legs of women and men — no, especially in time to pay attention to the symptoms and consult a doctor. Men usually experience multiple instances running, as well as for the treatment of varicose veins are already then, when he reached the second, and the third stage.
Important!The risk level for men is equivalent to heart disease.
If the disease is passed on to the third stage, to fully cure the disease may be only operating method. Many are interested in the question of whether it is possible to treat strong varicose veins on legs without surgery. This is only possible in the case of a complete treatment with the traditional methods only in the early stages:
- Compression garment and bandages to exert a pressure on the walls of the blood vessels, which promotes the redistribution of the current of the blood.
- The use of external funds – creams and gels that help to relieve the swelling, reduce pain, and nourish the skin. After prolonged use to heal wounds, strengthens the venous mesh, and the venous valves. The basis of external funds – fats and oils and active principles that are used in organic compounds and plant extracts.
- Pharmacological treatment – apply the drugs that promote the flow of blood: phlebotonics, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Medical gymnastics – moderate exercise increases the elasticity and strength of blood vessels.
- Hirudotherapy medical leeches secrete a substance hirudin, which prevents coagulation of the blood. Hirudotherapy is effective in the presence of blood clots.
The traditional methods
With many diseases you can fight with the help of the people methods.
The varicose veins in this case is no exception.
Below you can see some examples of what and how you can treat varicose veins on legs at home.
Attention!Treatment at home may be used only as an additional, and will be effective in the early stages.
These recipes it is unlikely that you will be able to replace the traditional treatment, but are able to reduce varicose veins and relieve symptoms, reduce patient discomfort:
- Rub the affected areas, the ice and the bathroom with cold water will help eliminate the swelling and tension of the legs after a day of work.
- The mixture of hops. A spoon. of hop cones, ground, and pour a glass of boiling water. The mixture is prepared in a water bath for about 10-15 minutes and divide into three doses before meals.
- The tincture of the horse chestnut relieves inflammation and pain attacks: green chestnuts cut into 4 pieces and pressed in a quart jar. Then fill to the rim with the vodka, and insist in a cool, dark place 10-14 days. Finished dyeing shredded the sick areas to relieve the pain during a flare-up and preventive purposes.
- Cabbage leaves smeared with honey with the inner part and applied to the sore spot for 2-3 hours. To increase the effect of the wrap, you can wrap it with cling film and a towel.
- In the summer the tubers of potatoes rubbed on a fine grater and put the pulp in a dense layer in the foot, after having wrapped the gauze. The wrap should wear for 5-6 hours, by periodically changing potatoes to cool.
- Dry powder blue or white clay, dilute with lukewarm water to obtain a mixture, which is reminiscent of sour cream. The clay is applied a layer of thick, insulated bandages gauze and left to stand for 2 hours.
- A portion of garlic minced with two parts of butter so as to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Received ointment rubbed in advanced vein before going to bed, and onto wearing high socks of a natural fabric. In the morning, wrap in the wash.
To summarize, we can say that with the right approach to treatment, and timely treatment to the experts, it is possible to avoid not only the manifestations of the complications, but and completely stop the progression of the disease.
The main thing – to approach the therapy in a complete and systematic way of carrying out the instructions of a doctor, as well as treat leg veins without surgery in the latter stages of it, alas, is impossible.