Varicose veins – a common disease characterized by an increase of the lumen of blood vessels, violation of the valve unit, and the appearance of the reverse current of the blood. The pathological process can be placed in different locations, and types of different diseases:
The most common is varicose veins of the legs. According to some estimates, they suffer more than 30% of the population, while the majority are women.
Varicose veins on the legs is not only ugly veins protruding, but also a range of unpleasant sensations and discomfort.
The pathological process accompanied by heaviness, pain, swelling, and often leads to dangerous complications: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, trophic ulcers.
Many would like to know how to get rid of varicose veins forever, because markedly worsens quality of life. But, unfortunately, the phenomenon is irreversible, and the only thing you could do, to stop or slow down the development of the disease.
Causes of varicose veins is still not exactly, it was stated. It is understood that the disease is associated with thinning, weakness, and loss of elasticity of the vascular wall, and the incompetence of the valves.
As a result, the veins become irregular advanced, elongated, with long, knotty.
I am of the opinion that a decisive role in the case of the disease carries a genetic predisposition, that is, from the birth of weak vessels, and faulty valves.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins, even if they are not its causes:
- The inheritance (according to the experts, the risk of disease in people whose parents suffer from this knowledge, is up to 70%).
- In the female sex. This is due to the hormonal changes during puberty, during pregnancy and menopause, and also receiving hormonal means of contraception and the use of shoes with high heels.
- Work, related with the prolonged stay in a standing or in a sitting position (barbieri, vendors, surgeons, waiters, drivers, accountants, programmers, and others).
- The advanced age, in which the weakening of the walls of the blood vessels and wear and tear on the tube – it is a natural phenomenon.
- Operational intervention.
- Sedentary life-style.
- Increase in intra-abdominal pressure due to being overweight, pregnancy, lifting weights (porters, athletes and weight-lifters).
Varicose veins is a chronic process that begins gradually and only with time progresses. Completely defeat the disease, up to now, it is possible, but slow down the development and reduce the symptoms can be, whether to apply a full treatment, which includes:
- a change of life style;
- curative physical education;
- the rate of therapy;
- drugs (for internal use and receive local destination);
- the surgery;
- the spa treatments;
- to the traditional methods.
To combat the varicose veins have all my life. Self-medication do not should be.
Need to be examined phlebologist or vascular surgeon-who will make the diagnosis, determine a phase of the disease and the severity of the injury, will prescribe a suitable treatment.
The task – to remove or reduce the clinical manifestations of the disease, stop the progression, prevent relapses and the development of complications.
The effectiveness of the treatment will depend on run read all of the recommendations of the doctor. It is important to seek help at an early stage, when still there is no pain, but appeared in the evening swelling, heaviness and tiredness of the legs, small capillaries on the skin.
Without lifestyle changes, you can't fight effectively with the varicose veins. The rules to follow, absolutely not trivial, and their failure is usually associated with the lack of strength of will, or the irresponsible relation to their health.
- Maintaining a normal body weight.
- Separation with addictions: alcohol and smoking.
- The refusal to take the sun, visit pairs and saunas, the adoption of hot tubs (including the foot).
- Waiver of high heels (no more than 4-5 cm).
- Wearing special in stretch jersey.
- Software of physical activity. This can be walking, swimming, physiotherapy exercises, some types of sport. Important is to exclude squats, lifting weights, running long distances, jumping, martial arts.
- A correct diet. In the diet should be more fresh vegetables, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood. The amount of meat is recommended to reduce the. It is necessary to abandon smoked, roasted, salty, fatty. Drinks to give preference to green tea, pure water, juice drinks, natural and fresh juices, and limit coffee.
- Use every opportunity for a day in order to raise your legs upward with an angle of about 20 degrees.
- Buy a special pillow for your feet, so that during sleep they were above the level of the heart.
- Try as often as possible, wash the feet with cold water.
Special elastic jersey are on sale in a large warehouse. This knee-highs, stockings, tights in different colours and densities, which do not differ from the normal ones.
A special jersey can not treat varicose veins, but also improves microcirculation, reduces the load on the veins, does not stagnate the blood, reduces the diameter of blood vessels, increases the flow of venous blood and lymph. The person feels lightness in the legs, in the evening you tired of less, is not present edema.
The first time, without the habit of wearing compression stockings manual will be difficult. To simplify the task, it is possible to buy a special device
Distinguish between four classes of therapeutic jersey, depending on the pressure exerted. By yourself you can only to wear the products of the 1st class of compression that are considered preventive and are designed more for healthy people.
The rest must appoint a doctor depending on the diagnosis and severity of the varicose veins. You should know that products compression may be contraindicated in some diseases.
Tights or stockings take medicine strictly made-to-measure, otherwise the desired effect will not be.
For the treatment of varicose veins using tablets and external means in the form of gels, creams and ointments of various spectrum.
They improve the tone of blood vessels, improve microcirculation, promote the flow of blood, prevent the change of the skin.
The drugs are designed to eliminate fatigue, the severity, discomfort, swelling, itching, cramps and pain in the legs. Are assigned strictly individual.
The main tools of treatment of varicose veins is venotonics. They are made on the basis of horse chestnut, of routine, of the leaves of grapes and almost always well tolerated by the patients. Are available in the form of tablets, capsules, gel.
You need to apply on the legs with dilated veins gel or cream and rub gently
To reduce the viscosity of the blood and reduce the risk of thrombophlebitis use anticoagulants. It is an ointment based on heparin with the additives in the form of menthol, camphor, eucalyptus. In addition to thin the blood, hindering the development of thrombophlebitis.
When changes in the skin that cause itching, can prescribe antihistamines. When the inflammation of the prescription drugs, anti-inflammatory tablets.
To get rid of varicose veins pass removing a part of the ship, to stop the discharge of blood from the surface of vienna in the deep. The operation is called phlebectomy.
In the classical form and is now being applied less and less in contact with the advent of new and less-traumatic ways to combat varicose veins.
This treatment usually is indicated for large diameters of the veins and the execution of cases of the disease.
A more delicate method is microflebractomy, wherein the step of vienna, removing the parts and not through an incision, and through the puncture.
Radiofrequency ablation is considered the safest and less traumatic way for the treatment of varicose veins, although it has some contraindications. The method is that the thermal effects of the microwaves, causing the lumen closes. The main advantages:
- outpatient treatment;
- does not need anesthesia and cutting;
- the recovery does not require much time;
- the procedure is easy to carry;
- you can do it in the summer;
- bruising after the treatment, no swelling, minor aches and pains.
Radiofrequency ablation – it is not very traumatic method of treatment of varicose veins
Laser coagulation – a method of treatment of varicose vein disease. During the procedure on the vessel wall effect laser. The radiation causes bonding of the walls of the veins and the complete closure of the lumen.
Is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia, without cutting. In the lumen of the vein is inserted with a catheter through which is injected into the led and provides the radiation.
The procedure is not subject to injury, the complications occur very rarely.
This non-surgical method is one of the most common. Apply in small veins and as part of a comprehensive treatment, together with surgery.
The essence lies in the fact that with a thin needle into the vein is given a special medicine with sclerotic action. The result is that it attacks the wall of the vessel, its closure and the cessation of the circulation of the blood.
Awesome vienna is transformed into fibrous and ba. The main advantages of the method:
- outpatient treatment;
- small so the invasiveness of the;
- the simplicity of the execution;
- the procedure lasts about 20 minutes;
- a good aesthetic effect.
If you start the disease, can develop this complication, such as deep vein thrombosis
The traditional methods
Infusion of nuts
In a glass bowl pour shredded unripe walnuts and pour the olive oil. Put in the sun for 40 days. Apply the correct medium, which lubricates the affected area. Continue the treatment for about four months.
Hitting a cabbage leaf, on one side, apply a layer of olive oil, apply this side to a sick industry, wrap and leave for a day. Continue the treatment for a month.
This is one of the most effective folk remedies. For the treatment of varicose veins offers tincture of the fruits of the plants, that need to grind, half-fill a glass bowl (three litres), and pour the vodka.
Stored in a dark place for a month, occasionally stirring occasionally. When it is ready, rub the sick place for the night.
Alcohol tincture of chestnut for external and internal use with varicose veins can buy in a pharmacy.
Physiotherapy – an integral part of a complete treatment varicose veins
When the appearance of varicose veins can arise the question if it is possible to engage in physical activity and sport and what exercises are useful.
Most doctors would agree that physical activity with this disease is very important, because the veins useful, dynamic, and harmful static.
But no less important to consult a doctor and about which sport you can practice and what kind of load will be optimal.
In addition, the patient may be given a special medical gymnastics, which they spend directly on a healthcare facility. Even at home, you can perform simple but effective exercises, which, with regular classes to help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins.
- Lie on your back, under the legs, put the pillow, to have gone under at an angle of 20 degrees. Close your eyes, relax, breathe deeply.
- Lying on your back, raise your legs in vertical position and rotate the feet alternately towards the inside and the outside.
- Lie on your back and do the foot movement, such as when riding a bicycle.
- Lying on your back, lift your legs and do their cross-breeds (scissors).
- Stand up, lower the arms, the legs together. Go slowly up the stockings, and then slowly descend.
- Walking on the spot, socks in the floor don't stop.
- Sitting on a chair, to bend the legs on him, and from himself, so in the same way to bend the fingers.
- Naughty out and put on the elastic jet of water (alternately cold, hot).
Varicose veins – the process is irreversible, but treating a must, all the more so that the modern techniques to apply in complex, quite a bit.
Without treatment, the risk of developing complications, such as chronic venous insufficiency, phlebitis, thrombophlebitis developed, thrombosis, wounds, and also this dangerous condition, which can end with death, such as pulmonary embolism.
How to get rid of varicose veins?
Modern medicine has a vast arsenal of therapeutic tools and techniques of the surgical treatment of varicose veins. That put the doctors in each case, depends on how much is expressed by the vascular problem.
If the blood vessels to bulge outward, creating bumps on the surface of the skin, it may be necessary to delete the "defective" areas of the veins.
And when barely see it in the form of mesh networks blood, you may be able to manage conservative methods.