Varicose veins on the legs of men, characterized by a swelling in the subcutaneous peripheral veins. To suspect the disease can be properly present to exhaustion, drafts, and the increase in size of the veins. Before interrupted the flow of the blood, which increases the pressure.
In this state, the walls of the blood vessels are stretched, and the edges, adjacent to the dermis, they become visually evident through the vascular network and nodules. The intensity depends on the thickness of the veins.
Women often get sick, but the male varicose veins are flowing heavier. According to statistics, this disease is facing more than 20% of the population, and half of them in the initial stage do not suspect problems.
The causes of disease of the foot male
The appearance of varicose veins in males is directly connected with their way of life and a genetic predisposition. In this regard, highlighted a series of reasons that cause the appearance of the disease:
- All the hard work.
- Age after 30 years.
- Sedentary life-style.
- Power supply error.
- Hormonal drugs.
- The abuse of bad habits.
Sex differences in male and female varicose veins
In women, varicose veins often develops after birth or due to other hormonal alterations, inherent in the weak half of the population. Another reason is to wear shoes that are uncomfortable or high heels.
The men, in their turn, are not as sensitive to their health and do not pay attention to the early signs of the disease, which launches its.
For the development of the disease is influenced by:
- Bad habits (smoking, alcohol).
- Physical surge as a result of a workout or hard work.
- Service in the military.
- Some types of hobbies, for example, hunting, fishing.
If not timely treatment, are affections of the organs of the genitourinary system.
The communication of bad habits, and varicose veins
Bad habits, such as alcohol and tobacco smoke, not only may aggravate the disease, but also to be her provocative.
Smoking negatively affects the blood vessels, making the walls of the veins, and regulating valves thin. In addition to this, this habit reduces the effectiveness of the treatment.
The alcohol in turn destroys the liver, due to a violation of the work of the hepatocytes is formed thrombosis.
Degree of varicose veins
This disease has 4 stages of development:
- The lack of unpleasant sensations, in some places it can visually form the vascular network.
- The appearance of fatigue, heaviness, swelling in the lower limbs. Periodically can disrupt seizures.
- Significant events in the visual condition, appearance, blue, brown spots. The veins of the legs swell, in this place, it is possible to test the seal. Worried sick for the pain, distention in the feet.
- The most dangerous period is characterized by the appearance of trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis. And the problems with the skin occur in any abrasion, and is difficult to avoid.
The symptoms of the disease
The initial phase of the disease may occur in a hidden form. With time the signs become more and more luminous, and are manifested in:
- Appears the vascular network of a blue hue.
- Pain and discomfort in the legs.
- Severity, complexity when you walk.
- Tingling, sometimes disturbing itching.
- Cramps and numbness.
- The swelling. First in the area of the feet, gradually spreading throughout the leg. In the later stages, the swelling does not go away, even after a long period of rest.
The symptoms can be aggravated by stress. When the legs are raised upwards, it becomes easier. In the later stages on foot appear to be seals, peeling of skin, sores, swell the veins, the disease may spread to the groin or the pelvic organs.
How dangerous is it to varicose veins for men
The disease creates an additional load on the myocardium. If you reduce the blood flow to the coronary artery, the heart muscle is weakened.
With varicose veins of the lower limbs is very important not to ignore the pathological changes in the peritoneum and groin, as well as their presence indicates a violation of the blood flow in the iliac and inferior vena cava.
This condition of stagnation, prolonged use increases the risk of development of varicocele. Varicose veins in the egg and reveals the pain, the asymmetry of the scrotum, the increase of the veins of the spermatic cord. The increase of the temperature in the egg gradually can cause infertility.
The consequences of the disease
If time does not begin treatment, varicose veins can cause dangerous effects:
- Phlebitis. It is manifested with inflammation of the inner wall of the vessel. The dermis in this place has a red colour, and any attempt to touch the affected areas causes pain.
- Thrombosis. Characterized by the formation of a blood clot in the deep veins.
- Thrombophlebitis. The detachment of a blood clot, its free movement and the consequent obstruction of vessel may become deadly.
- Trophic ulcer, when the circulation of the blood and the blood stagnates in the lower extremities. Even a small trauma causes complications.
That is forbidden in varicose veins
The disease imposes some drawbacks, during the treatment it is important to follow some rules:
- Abandon uncomfortable shoes.
- Exclude high physical activity and working conditions difficult.
- Give up alcohol, smoking and the consumption of cholesterol products.
- During the treatment it is important to avoid the thermal load on the blood vessels.
Physical activity and exercise on varicose veins
Varicose veins of the lower limbs in men is often the result of weakness of the muscles of the legs. Then the load of the sick are displayed in daily mode, but with some limitations.
- The ride is better to replace the walks.
- Jump, squat, dance with intense physical activity should give up, better to choose swimming.
- You need to delete exercises with increased load on the legs and, if necessary, lose weight.
Methods of treatment
For the treatment of varicose veins can be applied with a number of tools, which are more effective in complex combination:
- Blood-thinning medications.
- Local gels and ointments for the treatment of blood clots.
- The massage.
- Wear underwear of compression.
- Folk remedies.
Conservative therapy includes medications that help to fight with the signs of the disease and prevent the further development of the disease.
The most important medicines refer to:
- Phlebotonics. They strengthen the vascular walls, reduce their fragility.
- Anticoagulants. This group of drugs thins the blood.
- Antioxidants. Help you eliminate toxins and improve the structure of the blood.
The intake of drugs is usually carried out 1 time in six months and lasts about 2-3 months.
The use of ointments, creams varicose veins
A complement to pharmacological therapy can serve as tools for local use, such as creams and gels. Help to relieve the inflammation, eliminating the swelling, the sensation of pain.
The funds are not independent of treatment, and are used in therapy to improve the well-being of the patient.
Special products create pressure to the areas, thanks to which you normalize the circulation of the blood, which prevents the formation of blood clots and the development of the disease.
There are commercially available pantyhose, tights, stockings and socks. The first use in the later stages of the disease.
The most popular knee-length. The pressure when wearing it does not exceed 20 mm hg. art.
The choice of the product needs to be exercised on the advice of the doctor, on the basis of a phase of disease and complaints.
It is important to look for to wear underwear not hindered the flow of blood. The first signs of an unfortunate wear is numbness of the limbs, sensation of tingling, cold, burning.
After consultation with the doctor at home, you can apply:
- Hot baths, the water should not be boiling. Suitable herbal for this are the chamomile, the bark of the oak, and st. john's wort. Also popular lemon bath, when water squeeze two of ripe fruit and put its crust. The legs take her 15 to 30 minutes.
- Body wraps, for example, with the addition of olive oil or sea-buckthorn.
- Rubbing. Take 10 g of propolis, 2 tablespoons of thyme and 1 glass of alcohol. Mix everything and let it soak, then rub the feet in 5-10 minutes.
- Wraps with vine leaves or cabbage. The popular recipes recommend that you try this procedure together with the parsley, grapes, and, after having mixed the ingredients in equal proportions.
Before treating the disease, it is necessary to review your diet. The principle of power in varicose veins is to normalize the metabolism and elimination of products that cause the congestion.
- To normalize the weight, you need to remove fatty, smoked, sweet and starchy foods.
- To reduce the swelling, it is necessary to abandon the salt.
- In order to reduce the weight, it is useful to consume whole grains, fruits and vegetables, fiber-rich, dairy products, vegetables. Daily calorie, daily diet for men should not exceed 1500 Kcal.
- To thin the blood, it is necessary to follow the treatment of drinking water, use of water, fruit juices, fruit drinks, fruit juices.
- If you do not mind the pathology of the GASTROINTESTINAL tract, is useful a couple of times a month to arrange fasting days.
- There is a need often, but in small portions, cooked, steamed, or boiled form.
Suffer from varicose veins are contraindicated:
- Salty, fatty, fried, spicy, sweet.
- Meat, sausages, and lard.
- Blue-fish, meat.
- Chocolate, cocoa, coffee, strong tea.
- Confectionery products, bakery products.
- Fast food, ready-made food.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Dairy products with high fat content.
- Bananas, mango, grenades.
It will be useful to activate the menu:
- Fruit and vegetable dishes. Well act on the body zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, cabbages, mandarins, oranges, apples, plums.
- Herbs: parsley, fennel, lettuce, celery.
- Wheat or bran bread.
- Soups, vegetables.
- Meat, low fat content variety, the liver.
- Legumes beans, lentils and peas.
- Olive oil, flax seeds, sunflower oil.
- Dairy products low-fat products.
- Dried fruit, raisins, dried apricots, dried plums.
- To replenish the stocks of iodine, useful algae, low-fat fish and seafood.
Fruits of the forest, it is necessary to choose the cherry and black cherry, help to dissolve blood clots. To eliminate the swelling, it is useful to strawberries, blueberries, gooseberries, blueberries, currants.
To recover the fiber content in the menu, you need each day to get in the diet cereals: oats, buckwheat, barley, fine cereals.
In the initial stages of the pathological process that can help you take your medicines, a change of life-style, the power and the control of physical activity. When the violations reach 3-4 early stage, the treatment does not bring the desired effect and to prevent complications, we recommend scheduling a surgery.
The most popular with the following methods:
- Flebectomia. Suitable for all patients. On the skin by making small incisions through which takes place the removal of the damaged veins.
- The sclerotherapy. Characterized the introduction into a vein special substance that causes the sticking of the ship, when the flow of blood is sent to you in a bed different.
- Laser coagulation. The impact of the laser on the affected area. In some cases the procedure is ineffective, for example, with the dark color of the skin of the patient.
For not developed varicose veins, it is important to monitor the health and respect a series of rules:
- Lead an active lifestyle. Throughout the day, mostly sedentary work, periodically take a break for 15-20 minutes.
- Every day to do gymnastics, controlling the physical load.
- Review your diet, eliminating harmful products, and by diversifying the menu of fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Normalize the weight, avoiding obesity.
- Highlight a sufficient period of time to rest.
The varicose veins of men is full of serious complications up to disability, infertility, death. To maintain health, you need to follow the diet, weight, physical activity, avoiding physical exertion, to relax, to wear the right shoes.
All of these actions, according to the phlebology, the best prevention of varicose veins.