Among all the diseases of the cardiovascular system varicose veins are often remains in the shadows: the inhabitants believe that the pathological varicose veins are a problem, first of all, aesthetics and human health only indirectly. But it is not so — without treatment, varicose veins can greatly worsen the health of the patient and also result in a mortally dangerous complications.
Varicose veins of the lower limbs: what is it?
Contrary to the stereotypes, as nominees of those who only heard knows of varicose veins, the veins can expand not only on the legs, but also in the pelvic area, of the esophagus and several other organs. But it is varicose veins of the lower limbs — a "visiting card" of this pathology, in fact, the main symptom — a nasty irregular veins bulging under the skin — is evident, and the sick, and others.
Why dilate the veins? To resolve this problem, it is necessary to imagine which way the blood, with success ut digneris of oxygen to the tissues of the body back to the heart. To overcome the force of gravity, going up from the legs to the chest, in need of machinery and auxiliary. In the first place, it is the muscles of the lower limbs, carry out the function of the pump: their reduction in the process of walking moves the blood back to the heart. Also, important are the internal valves of the veins: they prevent the reflux of blood.
Varicose veins is a disease of the valves, that have ceased to perform its function. As a result of this violation, the liquid accumulates in the blood vessels, causing them to expand. Later in the field, deformed veins can develop sores, and blood clots form because of the stagnation of blood, are capable of causing severe and deadly dangerous complicate the varicose veins — pulmonary embolism.
In Russia, varicose veins the legs of women and in men often signs of pathology scored more than half of all people over the age of 18 years. The number of patients is growing every year is associated with sedentary character of professional activity.
It is important to know
Often varicose veins of the lower limbs is accompanied by a note disease, hemorrhoids. The nature of both diseases is the same, as the risk factors predisposing to their development. As in the case of varicose veins, the people often up to the last ignore the symptoms of hemorrhoids, hoping that the pathology will be held by yourself. However, both of these diseases are irreversible without a radical intervention, and with the age progress.
The causes of the disease
A sedentary life-style, daily, many hours of stay in the upright position and lack of adequate physical workloads to accelerate the development of varicose veins of the lower limbs. However, experts stress the vital role genetic factors: if bad pinion and "worms" under the skin have been observed your parents, with high probability, you and your children one day encounters with this disease from personal experience.
Among other things, that varicose veins is more common in smokers, obese people, pregnant women and those who have other chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system.
It is interesting to Favorable to the varicose veins of the legs, the professions considered are the following: the surgeon, the cashier, the driver, a programmer, a flight attendant, longshoreman, the seller, a barber, a school teacher.
The symptoms of varicose veins on the legs
This disease of the lower limbs classified in different phases, depending on the negligence of a pathological process. Each stage has characteristic symptoms and requires a certain curative strategy.
- For the first phase of varicose veins is characterized by the presence of a remarkable drawing of the veins under the skin and the appearance of some of the varicose veins. The patient complains of continuous or periodic feeling of heaviness in the legs, dresses swelling of the feet (the foot and ankle may remain traces of shoes or rubber shield), cramps in the legs at night. It is important that often the unpleasant sensations occur before the outward signs of the disease.
- The second stage of varicose veins of the legs is characterized by a typical appearance of the veins: they are very much in favor of over the skin, remembering beads or nodules. When the disease progresses, the blood vessels form convoluted cords, bluish or even black color.
- The third phase implies that the process is complicated by trophic disturbances in the tissues of the legs: the skin of the legs dry and pale, the swelling and heaviness occur every day, cramps are manifested even during the day. Patients often complain of itching and rash in this field.
- In the fourth stage of the varicose veins begins the inflammation of the veins and the skin. In the area of congestion of the varicose veins can appear healing trophic ulcer. Launched the the disease is full accession secondary infection and thrombophlebitis — these conditions require hospitalization and long-term treatment.
How is it treated varicose veins of the lower limbs?
Physicians since ancient times sought a method for the treatment of varicose veins in the legs. With the development of anatomy, surgeons found that the removal of varicose veins does not lead to circulatory disorders of the lower limbs: it is found that the varicose veins affects primarily the blood vessels located on the surface of the body (those that are not surrounded the "property"), then in the case of off their work, the trophic function to take upon himself the deep veins of the calf and thigh. Already in the XX century have appeared medications, which has suspended the process of the development of the disease in the early stages, which in some cases has allowed to abandon the operation.
This type of treatment of varicose veins is suitable for patients with all stages of the disease, not indications for surgical intervention (or it is for some reason contraindicated). This approach does not lend itself to reverse the pathological process, but respecting the patients for appointments of the doctor provides a partial resolution of the symptoms of the disease. In addition, the conservative treatment is almost always applied in the process of preparation for surgery and after it.
- Drug therapy. Drugs, administered in case of varicose vein disease, can increase the tone of the venous wall, stop the inflammatory process in the blood vessels, improving the blood circulation of the tissues. This helps to relieve the discomfort in the legs, and delay the worsening external manifestations of varicose veins.
- Compression therapy is founded on the beneficial effect of wearing elastic bandages, and special compression stockings. The fabric in this case performs the function in the standard assume the muscles compresses the veins, improving the flow of blood in a vertical direction, towards the heart. The well-being of the patient improved, is going to wear stockings or bandages, and after their withdrawal. Compression therapy is mandatory is given to the patients after the surgery, and also pregnant women, who often suffer from varicose veins, — it is particularly important to wear therapeutic hosiery during long trips in the plane.
The surgical treatment
The intervention, whose goal is the elimination of the affected veins varicose veins is a priority in the treatment of this pathology. If the valves of the vessel damaged, and he himself — deformed, to recover its not work. Therefore called phlebologists offer a variety of methods to "turn off" the veins of the circulation of the blood and its subsequent removal, or the atrophy of natural.
- Flebectomia is the older, "classic", to view the surgical treatment of varicose vein disease. Vienna is physically deleted: the legacy and removes it from the body. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia, the foot remain small scars.
- Laser coagulation of varicose veins. By the time the doctors came to the conclusion that in most cases you can do a less traumatic operation, by replacing its most delicate surgery, that is carried out with the aid of the laser. Furthermore, the impact occurs from the inside: injected in vein to the electrode, which directs the laser radiation. It heats up the wall of the vessel, with the result that they are bonded, further hindering the circulation of the blood. With the time that vienna compressed and completely reabsorbed.
- Radiofrequency coagulation of varicose veins is similar to laser coagulation, but in the course of this intervention applies a different type of energy. The procedure is performed under ULTRASOUND control. It can also be done in the later stages of the disease, in the presence of trophic ulcers and skin diseases.
- Sclerotherapy, in fact, is located on the border between surgical and pharmacological types of treatment of varicose veins. "Welding" the vein in this case is offered with the help of special chemical substances, which are introduced injection, directly into the vessel struck. The procedure takes no more than 20 minutes, the use of anesthesia is not necessary.
The prevention of the disease
Any good results, has enabled us to achieve the operation, the best treatment of varicose veins — their prevention. The more you move, and then "shake" the blood in the veins, the less likely it is that one day you break. If you have a sedentary job — not to mention the time to get up from the place and make a small charge, and also reasonable approach to the selection of shoes should be comfortable and match the alleged type of physical activity.Useful tips for preserving the health of the legs
- Keep track of your weight.
- Use comfortable shoes with a heel not more than 6 cm.
- Wear comfortable, does not restrict movement clothes.
- Move more, more often to climb the stairs, try to time not sit.
- Sitting, do not put the foot on the leg.
- Every day you make the deposit of the legs, alternating with cold and hot water.
- Taking a shower, change the pressure of the water is tones the muscles.
- Useful walking, swimming, cycling, running on the track.
- Avoid sports activities, tied with a big load on the foot (tennis, wrestling, football, weight lifting).
- Try not to lift weights.
- Possibly eliminate reception hot tubs, the sauna, the application of the hot wax as the epilator.
- First of take hormonal contraceptives, see called phlebologists.
- Wear compression stockings medical every day.
When there is no sign of the disease is essential to consult a doctor and do not give you varicose veins ruin the mood and health. Because, perhaps, there is only one category of people who can like varicose veins: manufacturers of pants, as well as patients with dilated veins often prefer to hide the problem ' through this part of the wardrobe. And, if you don't want your whole life to "hide" the legs, indulge in the countryside on the beach, to tolerate the constant discomfort: pain, swelling, cramps — do not delay the treatment of varicose veins.