Treatment of varicose veins traditional surgery or laser is carried out after the failure of other methods of therapy. The laser beam selective has the flu, so that the integrity of the tissues adjacent to the site, which is processed, is not broken.
What is the laser coagulation
Previously, In the absence of express effect of conservative treatment of the disease has been conducted on a surgery. When the vein completely erased. After an intervention on the patient's body were the scars.
Modern laser treatment of the different phases of varicose veins is not accompanied by painful feelings. The process of rehabilitation of the patient takes place quickly enough
Laser coagulation affected varicose veins suggests the use of a laser beam, which has a certain wavelength. Through the cells of the blood occurs the conversion enter the body impulse into thermal energy. In the end the ill of vienna is the gasket, improves the circulation of blood.
Indications and contraindications
Endovasal laser coagulatio venas is held, if the extension of vienna to the mouth not more than 10 mm. Otherwise, get rid of the problem through the laser coagulation fails. Even the shot of the trunk of the vein should be smooth, then the led with ease, will be held on it, without encountering any obstacles.
Important! The curative steps are not fulfilled in the case in which, when concerned varicose veins of the veins too.
The laser treatment for the different stages of varicose veins is contraindicated in the presence of the following pathologies of the patient:
- the tendency to the appearance of thrombophlebitis;
- severe diseases of the hematopoietic system;
- the inflammatory changes in the area concerned;
- the low mobility of the patient, because of the presence of health problems;
- the presence of cancer in the patient;
- infectious diseases, accompanied by an increase of body temperature.
Important! When you ignore contraindications may appear negative complications, which are difficult to treat.
Light laser treatment of varicose veins is not advisable to use a waiting period of a child and during breast-feeding. A specialist is necessary to be very attentive to the patient who are diagnosed with the following deviations: a serious lung disease, ulcerative defeat of the stomach, increased content of sugar in the blood, the presence of a patient of the kidney stones, a long uterine bleeding in women, anemia, hypertrophy of the prostate, which flows in the severe form.
Types of laser treatment
If the patient has had varicose veins takes place the outline (contour) laser coagulation (obliteration) of affected veins. This procedure is extremely popular in european countries. Endovasal laser contritio varicose veins allows you to refuse the surgery.
During the course endovenous laser coagulation of varicose veins (Endovasal laser coagulatio venas, Endovasal laser contritio) on the body is done microscopic incision. Through it in the skin vienna injected into a light guide. This helps to paste the vein is damaged, the diameter of which does not exceed 10 mm. the Procedure is performed under the control of ultrasound equipment. The probability of a medical error is reduced to a minimum.
In some cases, pass angioplasty laser for the correction. Manipulation doctor allows you to delete the venous grid, which occurs in the initial stage of varicose vein disease. During the course of percutaneous laser correction is missing the direct contact with the skin. The procedure allows us to obtain stable results. When the diameter of the affected vein should not be greater than 3 mm.
How is the procedure carried out
Qualified expert assigns to the patient, the laser treatment for varicose veins are diseased veins, for an appropriate examination. In particular, prior to the procedure, the patient is advised to do the analysis, that allow to detect the following parameters: the level of glucose in the body, the clotting time of the blood, the rh factor of the patient, the index of prothrombin.
Important! Before laser coagulation, have to deliver a doctor of reputation with regard to the availability of allergy to individual drugs. This will help you choose a specialist safe drug for the anesthesia.
Before starting the procedure the area of impact deal with shaving kit of the machine, remove the hairs in excess. Then the specialist is under the control of ultrasound produces markup that corresponds to the body of the patient, defining areas of blood, which must be removed.
After a careful marking is carried out by the local anesthesia. Then the specialist makes a small puncture of the skin. Format the microscopic hole is inserted a tube of light. In the immediate vicinity of the affected vascular valve.
Then the space nearby the hit of the container is filled with a solution with anesthetic properties. Contributes to the elimination of pain and prevention of the tissues from heat sources. Then in a light-guide, comes the energy which is necessary for the clotting of the vessel struck.
The duration of the procedure varies from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. After the execution of laser coagulation for the treated area the body to impose a special bandage. After the first 24 hours after the procedure, it is recommended to use full-duplex scanning.
The consequences and possible complications of therapy
Laser coagulation affected varicose veins can cause complications:
- a temporary reduction of the sensitivity in the area of the lower limbs; it occurs in approximately 40% of patients, after laser coagulation;
- the formation of blood clots;
- the development of superficial thrombophlebitis;
- the formation of hematomas in the area of the lower limbs;
- the appearance of dark spots on the body;
- the formation of the estate in place of exposure of the laser beam;
- pronounced pain syndrome; it occurs in approximately 6% of patients.
Important! If the application of the laser when expressed varicose veins has led to the appearance of pain, I am allowed to take pain medication.
The advantages and disadvantages of techniques
Before deciding on such a procedure, such as laser coagulation of affected blood vessels in the foot, it is necessary to evaluate carefully the advantages and disadvantages of this technique.
The main advantages of removing the patients veins laser are:
- the procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure, there is no need of structures, and the patient is in the hospital;
- when you apply the laser coagulation is used, a local anaesthetic;
- the probability of the onset of edema and bruising after the procedure is rather low;
- the procedure involves a fast recovery.
The laser treatment there are no negative points:
- manipulation doctor is not effective in advanced stages of varicose veins;
- comparison of the large diameter of the affected vein has to combine the laser treatment with the execution of a surgical intervention, which involves a deep cut in the skin;
- the cost of the procedure is quite high.
The period of rehabilitation
Endovenous laser coagulation affected varicose veins rarely lead to the onset of complications adverse. To reduce the likelihood of recurrence of the disease, it is advisable to follow the following recommendations:
- The patient is advised to wear a compression garment. The degree of compression, it is necessary to speak directly with a doctor.
- Over the course of 14 days the patient must leave the strong load on the lower limbs. The physical activity gradually increase.
- Not to forget a correct diet. It allows you to increase the resistance of the veins. In the patient's diet must be present fruits of the sea, favoring the resorption of atherosclerotic plaques. Varicose veins are useful and algae. This product contains minerals that help strengthen blood vessels. In the kitchen, we added natural flavors (thyme, turmeric). These spices are beneficial to the composition of the blood.
- In advance you are advised to visit phlebologist once every 3-6 months.
- After the treatment of varicose veins with the laser you should stop smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- After the useful procedures, walks in the open air. The physical activity helps to saturate the blood with oxygen.
- If necessary, the patient should take medicines that increase the elasticity of the venous wall.
In some cases, the patient complains of appearance discomfort during the first few days after exposure to vienna with the laser. The emergence of unpleasant sensations in the majority of cases, is a normal phenomenon. Then the discomfort should not be a cause for concern of the patient.