Varicose veins of the lower limbs (BRUNCH) refers to that type of diseases that not only cause a lot of discomfort for the man, but strong and can ruin the appearance.
In the meantime, this disease is a dangerous pathological condition that leads to severe injuries of the circulatory system. Often varicose veins of the legs are affected middle-aged people of 30-40 years.
Common feature and cause of varicose veins
In a healthy person the venous blood that ascends from the legs to the heart under pressure, which in normal conditions is sufficient to overcome gravity. In the case of a violation of this mechanism, the body is forced to increase the pressure to push the blood upwards.
As a result of this process occurs, failure of the valves, which is characterized by the shedding of blood on the surface of the deep veins. Since the pressure inside the blood vessels high, the walls lose their elasticity, stretch and you are running low, which leads to the formation of visible subcutaneous nodules of bluish color.
BRUNCH not only worsens the external condition of the feet, but entails a lot of complications, some of which are capable of locking a man in a wheelchair, and others even lead to death.
Reasons for the development of varicose veins of the lower limbs:
- A high level of progesterone in a woman's body. This hormone has a negative effect on the state of the venous wall and of valves, which makes them weak and vulnerable.
- The defects of the pathology of the valves or walls of the veins, the lack of connective tissue, low permeability, venous, genetic predisposition.
- Neoplasms, located in the feet, in the abdominal area.
- Lesions of the lower limbs.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- Joint disease, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Long-term use of drugs hormonal contraceptives.
- Sedentary life-style, which often leads to stagnation processes in the foot.
- Increase in intra-abdominal pressure. Usually occurs in the lung disease, or if frequent constipation.
- The excess of weight.
- Wearing tight clothing and footwear.
- The presence in the diet of a large number of high-calorie and fatty foods, lack of fibre of vegetable origin.
- Smoking, frequent consumption of alcohol.
During pregnancy, the BRUNCH occurs very often, as in this period occur in global changes in hormonal levels, and also the increase in body mass.
Men from this disease are affected in such a case, if the their style of life associated with heavy physical work, or the prolonged stay in the walk – in apparatus operator, removals, etc Varicose veins of the legs can occur as a result of some sporting activities.
The symptoms and the first signs of
Varicose veins of the legs accompanied with the following symptoms:
- the onset of pain in the legs: varicose veins during the path of the searing pain and warm, in a quiet state – the outbreak;
- cramps during the night;
- the visible changes of the skin on the legs – dark spots, nodules, swelling, dryness of the skin;
- feeling of heaviness in the legs – if full from the inside; this occurs especially in the evening, after a day of work;
- thickening of the veins of the legs, they clearly emerge on the surface of the skin.
The number and intensity of the symptoms depends on the stage of the disease the longer left untreated, the more severe will be the symptoms
The symptoms of the beginning and progression of varicose veins in the legs shown in the photo below, depending on their stage and state of the patient is assigned the treatment.
Failure treatment is very dangerous during the BRUNCH. If you do not treat this disease, it can lead to deformed muscle structure in legs, destruction of bone mass and irreversible changes of the skin.
Progressing, varicose veins will be accompanied by phenomena such as the formation of a large eczema and the advent of non-healing of venous leg ulcers, which can go into gangrene. The consequences can be more sad – amputation of the leg, blood poisoning and even death. But the greatest danger is the possibility of the formation of a blood clot, which can break off and cause death.
When to seek medical advice and to whom
In communication with a high risk of complications, which leads to the failure to treat the BRUNCH, contact a health-care facility is necessary, at the first sign of the disease – swelling in the legs, feeling of swelling, pain, and other. Diagnosis you deal with varicose veins are called phlebologists, and in complex cases – angiosurgeons.
In the initial stages, the BRUNCH does not manifest itself very bright. People to deaden the pain in the legs and other symptoms in the common effort, hard work or age. To the doctor turn only then, when there were already significant changes in the legs – thick swollen vienna or nodes.
Determine varicose veins on the basis of these symptoms, it will not be difficult for a technician.
But in most cases a visual inspection the doctor is not restricted, and the appointment of further investigation:
- Ultrasound flussometria or Doppler studium, which allows you to identify the speed of blood flow and the employment of the veins.
- In the early stages BRUNCH prescribed test of Bonne, Shania, Troyanova, Satis , and the other indicating the development of varicose veins.
- Lebanonese, in which is measured the pressure inside of the veins.
- The scanning of the veins, by which it is possible to determine in which state they are located in the venous valves and wall.
- Phlebography. This procedure is managed within the veins of the contrast medium with subsequent radiography.
- Echo-deduxit sclerotherapy – vienna is introduced sclerosant, and then the scanning.
- Thermography – examination with the aid of IR radiation.
- Computer phlebography.
- Phleboscintigraphy – examination of the lymph nodes and veins with the use of radionuclides.
- Photoplethysmography – examination with the help of photodiodes.
Once all of the survey types is not prescribed. Usually varicose veins are fairly easy to diagnose already have one for one or two methods, that determines the doctor according to the condition of the patient.
Methods of treatment of the lower limbs
In a complete treatment with varicose veins of the lower limbs are included the following methods:
Also prescribe a special diet, exercise, and physiotherapy.
Conservative methods for the treatment of varicose veins on the legs are only effective in the early stages of the disease. To improve the status of the venous wall and valves can be given the following medicines by varicose veins:
- Venotonics. These drugs enhance the elasticity of the venous wall, restore the structure of the tissues, improve the circulation of blood in the legs.
- Anticoagulants. These drugs reduce blood clotting, and thus prevent thrombosis.
- Creams and ointments with venotonic effect.
- Agents antiplatelet. These tools help to "resorption" of blood clots.
Besides the medical therapy, can be assigned to the wearing of underwear of compression (how to choose it?), special diet, eliminating smoked, fried and fatty food, and even moderate physical exercise – cycling, jogging, or ordinary walk.
At any stage of the disease it is necessary to limit the visits to the baths and saunas, and also do not take the sun, because uv rays can have a negative effect on the health conditions of the patient.
This method of treatment of varicose veins of the asterisks in the feet is that the affected vein with a needle is injected with the drug, providing sclerotic action. Venous wall when attacking, and the blood in a vessel stops.
This procedure is performed under anesthesia, after graduating from the step bandage. In the following, the patient is advised to wear the underwear of compression to secure a therapeutic effect.
The operation of varicose veins of the lower limbs is assigned to the expressed signs of the disease, when there is a threat to the health and the life of the patient. Surgery if varicose veins are of different types:
- In the leg are made in 3 section, which removed the affected vienna.
- Elongation vein ill through an incision with the subsequent ligation near the veins.
- Ligation of the affected vein in the area of the valve.
- The complete removal of varicose veins of the nodes, varicose veins and venous ulcers. This is the most difficult type of operation that is prescribed only in severe cases.
Varicose veins of the lower limbs – is an extremely serious disease, the signs they are present in 40% of adult men. If time does not proceed to the treatment of varicose veins of the jersey in the foot, the disease can lead to the total loss of working capacity. Only by respecting the doctors instructions and the right approach to treatment, it is possible to prevent a number of serious complications of this disease.