Varicose veins is the extension of the subcutaneous veins (diameter of 3 mm and more), in which the veins form varicose veins, similar to bunches of grapes. For a long time, varicose veins of the lower limbs may not show other symptoms, in addition to the cosmetic defect. However, the progression of varicose veins may be accompanied by other veno-specific symptoms: painful feelings in the legs, swelling of feet and legs, cramps in the calves. In the execution of the initial stages of the disease can be a darkening of the skin in the lower third of the tibia, appearance of thrombophlebitis and other complications.The feeling of tiredness and swelling in the legs, appearance of varicose can be the first symptoms. The development of the disease worsen the state of your veins and aggravate the discomfort. To assess the status and destination of a prompt treatment, be sure to consult a doctor-phlebologist.
The treatment of varicose veins of the legs (varicose veins of the lower limbs)
According to experts, the different forms of venous insufficiency affects about 20% of people. Vienna, the affected varicose veins, not only lack the aesthetic and physical discomfort, but also a serious disease that if not treated can lead to complications. If the time is not a diagnosis and not to take measurements, dramatically increases the risk of thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers and pulmonary embolism. In the latter case, it is not excluded the sudden death. Varicose veins of the veins of the legs almost do not pay conservative therapy. Drugs and the use of compression stockings may be just the time to take away the pain, but they are not able to eliminate the cause of the disease. The successful removal of varicose veins on the legs, perhaps, only surgically. When treating varicose veins in the racing module more difficult than in an initial stage, so do not postpone the visit to the phlebologist.
Combined flebectomia – this is the "gold standard" for the treatment of varicose veins, that allows you to effectively eliminate the disease. In addition, in recent years have appeared innovative, minimally invasive intravenous intervention with which to treat varicose veins can be without even make small incisions.
Applied by doctors of modern technologies for the treatment of varicose veins allow a fast and safe way to resolve the pathology. Depending on the clinical case, the specialists perform the following types of operations and manipulations:
- Combined flebectomia.Modern minimally invasive surgical method of removing the affected veins varicose veins, is performed through small cuts and punctures.
- The sclerotherapy. Non-invasive technique for the treatment of varicose vein by injecting special medication into the lumen of the vein.
- The ablation of the veins . Non-invasive technique for endo-venous treatment of varicose veins with the use of thermal energy
- Endo-venous laser coagulation. Non-invasive technique for endo-venous treatment of varicose veins with the use of the laser.
Endo-venous surgery in the treatment of varicose veins
Endo-venous interventions include ablation and laser coagulation of the veins. On the basis of these technologies is the principle of thermal effect on the vein wall, which leads to their bonding, to the closure of the lumen and size of the reverse current of the blood in these vessels, and also the disappearance of the syndrome. Of efficacy intravenous of intervention has a number of advantages: small so the invasiveness of the minimum, the sensation of pain, a quick recovery after the surgery.
Varicose veins of the lower limbs, and everything about it
Reasons for development of varicose veins
At the base of the varicose vein disease is a hereditary defect of the connective tissue. The main torque the disease is the destruction of the venous valves with the advent pathological rejection of the blood of the deep veins in the surface. This leads to an increase of pressure in the superficial venous system resulting in enlargement of the subcutaneous veins. In addition, the causes of the onset of varicose veins men and women are:
- hormonal imbalances (pregnancy, taking hormonal drugs, etc);
- long, static, and thermal loads (sedentary life-style and work; frequent visits to the bathroom, sauna, etc.);
- the excess of weight;
- gastro-intestinal tract, heart, blood vessels.
The symptoms of varicose veins on the legs:
- A feeling of heaviness, burning, swelling in the legs, cramps in the calves (restless legs syndrome).
- Chronic venous insufficiency, which is manifested gasket, blue skin of the legs, the formation of ulcers.
In addition, varicose veins can occur without symptoms and do not have clinical manifestations.
The diagnosis of varicose veins
To determine the extent of diseases of the veins, and the elimination of other pathologies, it is necessary to pass a series of tests:
- Inspection and palpation of the limbs, with which the doctor determines the types and the localization of the varicose veins;
- Duplex ultrasonography of the veins of the lower limbs;
- Deliver clinical laboratory tests to assess the general condition of the patient and the risk of thrombosis.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs
Type of surgery (flebectomia or endo-venous manipulation) is determined on the basis of diagnostic data and stage of the disease, with a personal touch in every case. During the operations of removal of varicose veins on the legs particular attention to the aesthetic side of the question, and then performed the incisions are minimal and they do not leave scars. The doctors generally do all that is necessary for effective resolution of symptoms. You do not need a long period of rehabilitation. After surgery for the removal of varicose veins you should wear compression stockings.