However, the presence of dilated veins, even if not yet a nuisance, the port is already in itself a great danger to the life, as well as at any time can be the most dangerous complication of thrombophlebitis. Thrombi formed in one of the varicose veins and the veins can break off and fall into the vital organs, which often leads to death.
There is primary and secondary varicose
- Irritability associated with weakness or disorders of the venous wall. The development of the disease contribute to pregnancy, obesity, long standing, congenital weakness of the connective tissue; the wearing of the socks with tight elastic bands.
- Secondary varicose veins occur as a result of violations of the venous outflow, when the valves can not cope with their work, and also when tumors and lesions.
In the case of varicose veins disease, damaged valves allow the blood to penetrate in the superficial venous system, and therefore there is a pressure increase, which leads to their expansion. The blood flow slows down, it decreases the nutrition of the tissues of oxygen, you experience the ulcers.
The causes of the disease
- inheritance, genetics and the weakness of the blood vessels;
- long static loads;
- sedentary life-style;
- hormonal drugs and hormonal disorders;
- injuries of the foot;
- lifting weights, the overload (for example, a sudden early active training after several years, the sedentary lifestyle);
At risk are the people who by profession is during the work day hours to stand, be at the steering wheel, computer, etc.
In the sitting position of vienna, located in the upper part of the thigh and the pelvis, are more compressed. Thus, the movement slowed down. Then the "sit-in" profession in the last analysis, bring to the birth and development of the disease. With the risk of equally the young and the elderly.
So at risk are:
- those who wear high heels;
- athletes, whose studies are linked with a big load on the foot (tennis, weight lifting, body building);
- hair stylists, vendors, teachers, staff and representatives of other professions, who spend a lot of time standing;
- and the ones that even if you work sitting down, but loves to be in this moment to throw the legs;
- lovers of coffee and alcohol, because these products dehydrate the body and thus thicken the blood, complicating his journey back to the heart.
How to recognize the disease
If at the end of the day you feel the heaviness in the legs and favorite shoes have become narrow because of a pulmonary edema, then already the first signs. Periodically you experience cramps, pain in the calves must also put in guard.
Eye the visible changes in the veins usually begin with small, with the appearance of varicose veins.
Following occur irreversible processes in large strands, which extend on a surface, and the walls are in some points become more subtle and have a knobby appearance.
The main signs of the disease:
- the pain in the legs;
- a feeling of heat and burning in the legs with the movement of the veins;
- the heaviness in the legs;
- swelling of the legs in the evening;
- night cramps in the legs;
- advanced of vienna;
- the darkening and the seal of the skin of the legs;
Prevention and treatment
If you have the initial signs of varicose veins, is sufficient, with the observance of simple rules will allow you to slow down, and in some cases prevent its future development.
- Don't get carried away hot tubs, a sauna, a longer stay in the sun. All of this reduces the venous tone, leading to a stagnation of blood in the lower limbs.
- Move more. Strengthen the veins and improve the circulation of blood will help regular sporting activities. Aerobics, jogging, swimming in the moderate mode to contribute to the improvement of your veins.
- To reduce the weight. Are particularly exposed to this disease people who are overweight. In the blood vessels of a person is the more blood a person with normal weight, and then in these containers are too load. The overweight people in this situation, we can only give a piece of advice - lose weight and keep the weight constantly in the norm.
- Do not wear adequate clothing, stockings and socks with tight elastic bands, as it leads to compression veins. But support tights and socks in a certain extent, help to prevent varicose veins.
- Evenly alternating load, do not stay long in the same position.
- Do not sit foot on the leg! When throwing a knee to the other is created an obstacle to the flow of blood.
- Move. The disease of the veins may cause long-standing, because in this case disturbed the normal flow of blood. Try to move the weight if you must stand a long time. Prolonged sitting, should not be in your favor: look for a long time to get up and move around the room or walk around every half hour.
- The fiber. To avoid constipation, include in the diet foods rich in fiber. Constipation is also frequent increase the likelihood of the onset of varicose veins. Try to limit the consumption of salt, to prevent swelling.
- Exercise in the morning. Before going to sleep and in the morning after you wake up for 3-5 minutes, turn the toes and feet - improves blood circulation in the lower limbs.
- Do not wear high heels and tight shoes.
- Soak your feet with cold water after work.
- More walking for the pink and on-board tanks in the summer.
If you're not sick of varicose veins, and only prepared him for the prevention it can be useful for daily self-massage, with soft, light strokes and petrissage legs from the bottom to the top.
If the diagnosis of "varicose veins" already put, foot massage are banned!
The lack of exercise and chronic constipation - the factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins.
If you feel the heaviness in the legs, in the evening after a day of work, during sleep and relax the legs should be kept in a good condition. When you are resting, reading a book, watching tv – and pull her legs up higher. It can add a pillow top to the pillow.
If your work is accompanied by a long sitting at the table, or is long-standing, then it is advisable to frequently change the position of the feet, step into the position, rotate the foot.
After the shower or bathe the feet to rinse with cold water. There are sports that are useful for this disease is, first of all, the swimming, and also walking, jogging, cycling, skiing.
Wellness and medical gymnastics
Of great benefit will lead the daily performance of special exercises:
- The climb to the socks. The original state – we are right, feet parallel and aligned to one another. On account of the time climb the socks, with the score two - go down to the starting position. Repeat 20-30 times.
- Increase (socks aside). The original state – we are right, heels, stockings. On account of the time climb the socks, with the score two - go down to the starting position. Repeat 20-30 times.
- Increase (the heel part). The original state – we are right, stockings, heels – part. It turns out what is a location that is not correct. On account of the time climb the socks, with the score two - go down to the starting position. Repeat 20-30 times.
- Another useful exercise is the "bicycle" from a position lying on the back. It is very important - when you do this exercise, straighten the legs until the end.
These simple exercises you can also perform doing daily activities (when cooking the porridge or do you find the office copier).
Nutrition and diet
Diet varicose veins - this is the maximum of fruit and vegetables, at least salted and smoked. A diet low in animal protein, fats and refined carbohydrates. From the spicy food thickens the blood, which leads to the formation of blood clots. Vodka, cognac and whisky work in a similar way. It is recommended to consume less meat. No wonder papua, and of the peoples of the Far East, prefer vegetarian food, are not suffering from this disease.
Include in the diet fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, foods rich in fiber, with a high content of vitamin c, rutin, bioflavonoids, mucopolysaccharides.
Of the vegetable products useful for everyone. Here the principle of ABC, where And - carrots - In - leaf salad, and With fresh herbs and citrus. To this list we must add two other very important vitamin a, strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Is the vitamin E, which is present in olive oil, and vitamin P, in the arrival in walnuts, green tea, and rose hips.
Vitamins c and e, are the ingredients of the collagen of the connective tissue of the veins and venous valves. In a surprising way, enrich vienna's necessary nutrients and make them more elastic grain sprouted wheat and rye, but also peas, beans, and green onion.
Scientists have shown that garlic has a beneficial effect on the blood. This manifests itself in preventing the formation of blood clots in the blood vessels - blood clots, obstruct or block the flow of blood.
If to summarize nearly thirty scientific experiments, in the course of which it was verified the effect of garlic on blood viscosity, in short you can define it this way: if you take the garlic for a certain period of time, you can expect to increase the level of resorption of blood clots by 50%. In addition to promoting the reabsorption of clots in the blood, garlic also produces substances to increase and harden, and then form blood clots.
Eat each day, along with food 2-3 cloves of garlic. This helps to reduce the blood pressure, the purification of the blood vessels from atherosclerotic of the body, the strengthening of their walls and the prevention of varicose veins, etc.
Some of the basic rules of power
- The meat should be low-fat varieties, boiled or stewed.
- Yogurt eat low fat and sugars.
- When you choose to cheese also give preference to low fat content variety, the limit of 30-60 g not more than 3 times a week.
- Give preference to fruit, vegetables. These foods are rich in potassium and fiber.
- The increase in potassium in the daily diet – one of the ways to achieve the salt balance. Fiber acts as a "janitor", by removing the toxins and prevent constipation. It purifies the body, mingling with the products of the exchange, and is removed with the help of the absorbed liquid. Products of plant origin contain large amounts of dietary fibre, but only in the case where they are not subjected to industrial processing.
- Eat bread of whole wheat flour.
- Reduce the consumption of animal fats, sugar, salt.
- For cooking use tool, allows you to cook without cooking oil.
- If necessary, add oil instead of butter.
- Never cook on a already used previously fat.
- Mayonnaise spend sparingly or limit the consumption to a minimum, if it is not possible to give up all.
- Avoid eating desserts after meals and in the intervals between meals.
- Drink per day for 6-8 glasses of liquid. With lower consumption in the tissues are stagnation.
- Drink water in small sips during the whole day, little by little. Remember that fresh fruit and vegetables contain a large amount of water and when you eat their food is to some extent satisfied the needs of the body of liquid.
- Before a main meal (20-30 minutes) drink a glass of cold water.
- Do not drink during meals (if you drink it is essential to drink very slowly and in small sips, and fruit juice).
- Definitely drink water before and after exercise.