Very important if varicose veins are not only pharmacological treatment, but also on a special diet. The majority of doctors-phlebology in one voice said that some products can "help" the sick man of blood, other aggravate disease. What is the essence of this diet and what are its characteristics? We will talk about later.
What is the diet?
Diet for varicose veins is important. She gives you the chance to not exacerbate the problems with the veins.
The main objectives of compliance:
- The reduction of excess body weight. If the person does not restore the pounds, any treatment of varicose veins probably will prove to be useless.
- Reduction of the viscosity of the blood. To improve the so-called venous properties, reduce blood pressure levels.
- The normalization of the circulation of the blood. Plans to reduce the load affected by the disease in the blood, purifies the body from toxins accumulated in it.
- To reduce the swelling. At the same time provide the body with sufficient amount of liquid.
- Strengthen the blood vessels. You can accelerate the process of treatment of varicose veins and not to allow the passage of a disease at a later stage.
For each patient, the doctor collects the diet of the individual, taking into account:
- body mass;
- the presence of comorbidities;
- allergic sensitivity to certain products;
- style of life;
- the general state of health.
In spite of this, diet for varicose veins is always founded on general principles, that reduce the likelihood of developing complications and of relapse.
Diet with different types of varicose veins
As is well known, varicose veins can affect not only the lower limbs, and also pelvic area and the esophagus.
Power in the presence of varicose veins in the legs. Exactly the lower limbs are more susceptible to this disease, such as varicose veins. The diet in this disease involves a total rejection of food, that cause the appearance of swelling, and also an increase in weight. Most of the daily diet (about 70%) of the patients with this condition should be fruits and vegetables, and dishes from them. In this way, they can prepare by the method of steam cooking or by cooking.
Other characteristics of the diet with varicose veins of the lower limbs:
- It is worth to completely abandon oil, products, pickles, sweets, salty foods, coffee. All of these products are able to keep the fluid in the body and strengthen the swelling.
- Not less than 1-2 times a week, you need to make the so-called days of fasting. At this time should be almost fully give up eating and consuming a greater quantity of clean water, herbal teas and broths, and fruit juices.
Diet varicose veins venous pelvic. The disease is more frequent in women because of childbirth, taking oral contraceptives, a sedentary life-style. In such a situation comes to the aid of a healthy diet, which involves a large consumption of foods rich in fiber and protein.
The main objective of the diet in varicose veins venous pelvic – advise constipation, which can aggravate the course of disease, but also to ensure the timely regeneration to the walls of damaged blood vessels.
Characteristics of the diet:
- a complete rejection of alcoholic beverages, fatty foods and sugars;
- the main objective in the diet is necessary to make on cereals, vegetables, wholemeal bread, bran;
- exclude from the diet all the spicy and savoury products, that cause constipation, to stop the intestinal peristalsis (e.g., flour).
Diet for esophageal varices. Quite difficult disease, many of which are sick for a long time not suspected. At the same time, this disease requires particularly "hard" on a diet that allows you to reduce the load of the esophagus and the stomach, making the passage of food lighter.
The most important principles of the diet:
- the power must be fractional and frequent, not less than 5-6 meals per day;
- the size of the portion should be a minimum;
- all meals must chew, ideally, there are dishes in semi-liquid how to avoid the trauma of the wall of the "problem" of the esophagus;
- the last meal should be at least 4 hours before bedtime;
- from the diet is important to avoid meats, fatty food, conservation, spicy dishes and all the spices;
- 1 time per week spent fasting days (lots of options here – the juice of the melon, watermelon, fruit or vegetable juices, etc..);
- consume minimum amount of meat, fish, fat varieties of fish;
- give up alcohol, strong broth, a good preparation of coffee and tea;
- prepare the dishes to cook, to roast, to stew, to steam;
- the main objective in the diet is necessary to make dairy products, cereals, foods rich in plant fiber;
- the food must be not too hot or cold;
- a light breakfast should be a must with this disease, such as varicose veins of the esophagus.
Useful substances in the products
Many patients who suffer from varicose veins, ask: what are the nutrients in the products most important in this disease. I called phlebologists in one voice said that is the most useful in case of problems with the blood vessels are:
- Vitamin e Helps to improve the elasticity of blood vessels. In large quantities it is present in vegetable oil, eggs, sprouted grains.
- The ascorbic acid. Reduces the severity of the inflammatory process in the large and small blood vessels, promotes blood thinning. Berries, kiwi, tomatoes, citrus fruit – is more of this element.
- The rutin. The main vitamin, which provides the health of blood vessels throughout the body. Contains significant quantities in walnuts, green tea, citrus peel, red and black currants.
- The bioflavonoids. Special substances, normalize the processes of the venous circulation, present in large quantities in cherry and sour cherry.
- The copper. Prevents the appearance of the so-called veins nodes, improves the elasticity of the walls of the blood vessels. Seafood contain large amounts of this substance.
- The fiber. Provides the normal functioning of the GASTROINTESTINAL tract, prevents constipation, which is often the culprit of varicose veins. All plant foods contains a large amount of fiber.
- Water. It makes the blood less viscous, improves blood circulation, reduces the load on the "problem" of vienna.
In varicose veins it is extremely important to not only follow a specific diet, but also not to violate the recommended power mode.
A list of the main rules is not too large, but it is required for the execution of:
- The breakfast in the whole head. It was the morning after waking up the body should get about 50% of the daily ration of proteins and carbohydrates. For this reason, a cup of coffee with the fact of mounting a sandwich are not considered to be a real, healthy breakfast. Should not be lazy and to cook all day full breakfast.
- Fractional and often. Model 3 meals per day should be divided into 5-6 meals. This allows not to overload the digestive system, but also reduce the load on the blood vessels.
- Don't eat before going to sleep. After six in the evening sick, suffer from varicose veins, it is worth to give up to every meal and snack. The same rule will improve the appetite in the morning.
- Do not drink during meals. It is important to thin the gastric juice, which offers quality accommodation in the digestion of food.
Who in the morning, poor appetite, experts recommend to stand for 30-40 minutes before.
Allowed and forbidden products
The right diet in the case of varicose veins disease includes the consumption of the products of the so-called "allowed" and the rejection of products of the "forbidden".
That it can be?
The main objective in the diet of the patients should do:
- The meat and fish. To eat you need chicken, meat, veal, sea or river, fish, and steamed. In the kitchen it is recommended that you add a small quantity of salt and an unlimited number of liquid.
- The algae. Incoming in their composition in minerals and other elements will help to strengthen the blood vessels.
- Cereals. Oatmeal and buckwheat – the best choice. It is these cereals contain fiber, which ensures the normal functioning of the INTESTINE, and nourish the body with important micro-and macroelements.
- The apricots and the prunes. Dried fruits are rich in potassium and magnesium, have a tonic effect on vienna, thinning the blood, serving as a sort of substitute for harmful sweets.
- Water. The main component of the diet of people who suffer from varicose veins. It is important to drink at least two litres. It is better to drink still water, as well as herbal teas and fresh fruit juices.
- Ginger and thyme. Improve the properties of the blood.
- Fruits of the sea. The main sources of omega-3 fats. This substance prevents the occurrence of blood clots, maintains the tone of blood vessels, ensures a good state of health.
- Nuts and legumes. Contain a lot of vitamin E and provide a good elasticity of the blood vessels.
- Fresh berries and fruit. The main source of vitamin c, which strengthens blood vessels.
- Beans wheat. Ensures effective cleaning of the intestine, normalizes the chair, removes constipation, saturated blood important vitamins.
That is not possible?
Regardless of the type and type of varicose veins, patients who have problems with blood vessels, should refuse or reduce to a minimum the consumption of the following products:
- The alcoholic drinks. Retain fluid in the body, causing a worsening of edema, increasing the load on the sick blood.
- Fried food, cold meats. Strengthens the inflammatory process in veins, increases the viscosity of the blood.
- Flour, sweet. To thicken the blood and provide a rapid increase of extra pounds.
- Sol. Increases the swelling of the lower limbs.
- Strong tea and coffee making facilities. It stimulates the increase of blood viscosity, which translates into a HELL, by increasing the pressure on the veins.
- Carbonated drinks. It is strictly forbidden for any problem with the organs of the GASTROINTESTINAL tract, including varices of the esophagus and the stomach.
Now choose the best diet in varicose veins will not be difficult. The important thing is to make the main objective of power on the "healthy food". We offer a sample menu for people with varicose veins per week, which can be taken as a base and add their favorite dishes.
What to drink?
As soon as the patient enters a special diet and refuses to prohibited products, in the body are activated, the mechanisms of self-cleaning. In this moment needs a support in the form of a rich beverage. Increasing the consumption of water and other beverages, you will provide co-ordinated the work of the excretory system, performs a process of purification of the intestine and blood vessels as pleasant as possible.
Priority during the diet in varicose veins has on the quality of water consumed. Drink tap water, even coctum, it is not recommended. More "clean up" the blood vessels and the intestines can only be by consuming special purified or mineral water. She is the one that will help to improve the composition of blood, its liquefaction.
What to drink, besides water?
- green ginger, and tea;
- herbal teas;
- fruit and vegetable juices. The most useful are blueberries, tomatoes, orange juice.
- In small quantities it is permitted to weak black tea.
Menu for 7 days
- Breakfast – omelette with vegetables, beer, black tea, rusks.
- Second breakfast – berry kissel.
- Lunch – fish soup, beef steak, buckwheat porridge, dry fruit compote.
- Dinner – cheese casserole, a cup of ginger tea.
- Breakfast – yogurt, cereals with apple, tea green.
- Second breakfast – an apple or any other allowed fruit.
- Lunch – vegetable soup, steamed fish, salad vegetables of the season.
- Dinner – soup with buckwheat steam cutlet, a smoothie.
- Breakfast – omelette with peas, fruit or fresh vegetables.
- Second breakfast – kiwi, house, low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch – chicken soup, salad, cereal, oatmeal.
- Dinner – baked apple, a cup of yogurt or sour milk.
- Breakfast – barley, tea with ginger.
- Second breakfast – a smoothie.
- Lunch – mashed potatoes, boiled fish, dry fruit compote.
- Dinner – vegetables and veal, grilled, beer, green tea.
- Breakfast – wholemeal bread, a slice of cheese, cocoa.
- Second breakfast – fruit juice.
- Lunch – vegetable stew with turkey, a salad of vegetables.
- Dinner – a glass of yogurt, kiwi.
- Breakfast – oatmeal water, ginger, tea, biscuits.
- Lunch – salad with tomato and eggs.
- Lunch – vegetable soup, boiled veal, grapefruit.
- Dinner – vegetable casserole, bread, a slice of cheese.
- Breakfast – cereal-wheat with boiled meat, chicken, tea with ginger.
- Second breakfast – yogurt.
- Lunch – soup with veal and vegetables baked zucchini, apple.
- Dinner – stuffed peppers, yogurt.
Don't forget snacks. An excellent choice for a simple meal will be salad, fruit, dairy products, nuts, fresh juices.
As you can see, the diet in varicose veins the not-too-rigorous, but it is required. In most cases, it can be defined as a pattern of healthy eating. Adhering to the basic principles of a diet of a list of addresses and of prohibited products, of patients with varicose veins can not only avoid the complications of the disease, but also to improve the state of the vessels problem.