Varicose veins disease often affects the fairer sex. This is due, in the first place, with their hormonal characteristics and the love of high heel shoes. In this pathology occurs an increase in the level of venous vessels with the extension of the walls and the reverse outflow of blood.
There are some factors that contribute to the development of the disease. Here's a list of them:
- The legacy (the lack of development of the connective tissue of the vein wall congenital inferiority of the valves). The most common reason, which is about a third of female patients.
- The professional activity associated with the prolonged stay in the foot or, on the contrary, in a sitting position.
- The lack of physical activity.
- Physical overload.
- Poor diet and the prevalence of fast food, fatty foods, carbonated beverages.
- Excess body weight.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- The abuse of beverages that contain caffeine.
- Hormonal changes (pregnancy, menopause, menstruation, use of oral contraceptives).
- Constipation frequent.
- An increase of sugar in the blood.
- Diseases of the liver.
- Inflammatory diseases of the genital organs.
- Stress, neurologic disorders. The violation of neural regulation resulting in a decreased tone, and the increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
- Elevated levels of cholesterol.
- Wear high heels, narrow shoes.
Pregnant women are particularly at risk for this disease. This is due to the hormonal changes that take place in the female body. The individual hormones, they reduce the elasticity of the vascular walls and promote the stagnation of blood. Also, in the last quarter of the belly greatly increases in size and compresses the blood vessels. Some women the problems go away after the birth, the rest varicose veins disease progresses further.
Also venous disorders are often worried about the young girls. This is due to the fact that many make use of oral contraceptives, which change hormones.
Watch this video and you will discover that they think and suggest the medical when you see a similar problem in pregnant women.
The characteristic symptoms and the types of
The disease often affects the lower limbs, as on them every day represent a big load.
For varicose veins can be characterized by certain signs. Among these:
- heaviness in the lower limbs (especially in the evening);
- vascular capillaries dilated (telangiectasia) on the skin;
- areas of pigmentation in the affected area;
- burning sensation and distension in the area of the calf;
- the sensation of creeping chills;
- the increase of the veins;
- the translucent blue veins winding through the skin;
- the swelling of legs and feet;
- eczema and dermatitis on the background of thinning of the skin;
- involuntary spasms of the muscles of the calf;
- along the healing of wounds and bruises.
Besides the legs, varicose veins in women often catch and other parts of the body. Consider the possible options:
- Of the upper limbs. Appear the characteristic signs: swelling and pain in the fingers, cramping during the night. With the progression of the disease, the woman becomes difficult to cope with household chores to do.
- Small basin. This is characterized by the appearance of varicose veins complain of pain in the lower abdomen (radiating to the sacrum or lower back). Symptoms can remember, cystitis, enterocolitis, and inflammatory processes in the genitals. Often problems occur during urination, and intimacy.
- Groin. The design is visible visually the thighs (the upper part), genitals, lips, buttocks, groin. The painful sensations are localized not only in the defeat. But and apply to the genitals, thighs and lower back. The skin becomes dry and thinning.
- On the hemorrhoidal veins. It is characterized by the appearance of hemorrhoids cones in the area of the anus. They may fall, injury and bleeding. As a patient require complaints of itching, burning and painful sensation, aggravated during defecation.
Stage of the disease determine a treatment regimen. All are four stages of disease:
- The first. Appear to be only minor cosmetic flaws. The woman maintains the integrity in full.
- The second. The outflow of blood is broken in one or more of the venous ducts. A sick man is lowered to the integrity, for its maintenance is necessary for appropriate therapy.
- The third. The venous outflow considerably disturbed on the surface and conclusions: the veins. A committed woman of normal work for 7 hours with a constant support treatment.
- The fourth. Expressed the reflux of the blood, the extension of the deep veins. The ability to work also suffers when you use the treatment.
During the first visit the physician carefully questions the patient and pursuing an objective inspection. After that they are assigned the necessary diagnostic measures.
- Duplex ultrasound of the. The method allows to obtain accurate information on the functional state of the veins.
- Rheovasography. With the help of this non-invasive technique can determine the disorders of the circulation and changes in the venous walls.
- Phlebography. Reliable search, which allows you to view the status and capacity of the veins, superficial and deep.
Therapy of varicose veins occupy narrow specialist -vascular surgeon. The treatment is done in several ways:
- medicinal products;
- compression stockings;
- the traditional medicine;
- therapeutic exercise;
In the initial phase of the disease, it is possible to do local processing. For this are used special creams and ointments.
Wear compression stockings is recommended for patients in almost all cases. This has such a positive impact:
- decreases the volume of the veins;
- improves the fluidity of the blood;
- increases the absorption of interstitial fluid into the blood stream, are heaviness and swelling of legs.
Daily performing simple exercises has a good curative effect. Here are some of them:
- The lifting of the heels from the floor from a standing position.
- Go up and down on tip toes at the same time two feet.
- The circular rotation of the foot (in one and in the other direction)
- Bike (from a lying position on the back).
Each of them is performed for 3-5 minutes. Better to do it every day.
In addition, there is swimming, trekking (not harassing).
Complicated varicose veins the third stage often requires surgical treatment. In the fourth phase of the operation – it's a necessity. The options are:
- The curing stage. Veins introduced a special solution. His "task" ─ the bonding of the venous wall and narrowing of the lumen venous.
- Flebectomia. The intervention is aimed at excision of the pathological advanced, and of the veins.
- Stripping. Altered vienna comes out with a special hook.
- Laser coagulation. The vein is damaged cautery from the inside, after which it has gradually absorbed.
Of physiotherapy methods for the treatment of varicose veins apply:
- ozone therapy.
Traditional medicine offers a lot of tools that help to improve the state of the veins, and facilitate the course of the disease.
This plant has an energizing effect, helps in the treatment of vascular disorders. Actively use it for the preparation of ointments and gels. Internally use can also (in the form of a tincture of alcohol).
Recipe tincture: dried ginseng(200 g) pour the vodka (500 ml) and take off for two weeks in a dark place, cool.
Ready the dye need to eat a teaspoon before meals (up to three times per day).
This medicinal plant to prepare a tincture for the treatment of varicose veins (external use only).
Recipe: cut the fresh leaves to bend in a glass bowl (in the middle) and pour the vodka in to full volume. Stored in a dark place for two weeks.
The duration of treatment is 2-4 weeks.
Nettle decoction for internal use.
Recipe: 200 g of nettle leaves pour a liter of water and put on slow fire for 30 minutes. After the maceration is drunk a quarter of a cup during the day.
It is a simple and budget-tool there is in every house. It has long been used for the treatment of varicose veins. For this reason, the bicarbonate of sodium (one teaspoon) is necessary to dilute a small amount of warm water (one third cup). The resulting solution is used to clean the patients beds. Cleanse, you do not need.
Also with the sodium bicarbonate you can make wraps. The recommended exposure time – 40 minutes.
Another good way to – soda bath. Them, should take place in the piazza grande defeat. To prepare the bath you need in a bowl, dissolve in warm water, four tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate, and the resulting composition pour in the bath tub full. On the course, you must perform 10 treatments with a frequency of 2 times a week.
The use of medicinal compresses. For this head of garlic crushed through a press, mixed with butter in a proportion 1:2. As a compress that is applied throughout the night to facilitate in the veins, and wraps a warm scarf. With daily use, you perform the procedures of relief comes very quickly.
In the absence of a proper treatment of varicose veins can cause a number of complications. Here's a list of them:
- thrombophlebitis developed;
- the formation of trophic ulcers;
When you lift a blood clot, there is the risk of falling into a heart with a stream of blood. And ends with death, then in any case, you can perform the disease.
Warn the disease is much more easy then do the treatment. Then do not neglect the recommendations of experts for its prevention. Here are the main:
- avoid heavy physical workloads;
- give up bad habits (alcohol, cigarettes, electronic);
- control your weight;
- establish a proper power supply;
- abandon your shoes with the heel;
- include in the daily routine of moderate physical activity;
- use a shower contrast;
- to regularly visit the gynecologist and take the exams for the hormones.
Varicose veins refers to chronic diseases, therefore, it is not possible to get rid of it completely. But to avoid complications and slow the progression is quite possible. As well as in women the disease is a more severe form, then, with minimal changes, they must ask for help to a specialist.